Chapter Twenty-Four- Tyler Time

Start from the beginning

“I’m extremely sorry.” Logan said, a joking smile tugging at his lips. I smacked him on his chest which seconds later rumbled with laughter. “Seriously though, how’d you do it? I’ve been trying to cosy up to her for months and all I’ve gotten so far are smacks on the back of my head and snide comments about my hobbies.” I scoffed when the word ‘hobbies’ came from his mouth. 

“Patience is the key, if it weren’t for that then I’d kicked her out of my house a long time ago.” Tyler said, only half-joking.

“Well, that definitely explains why them two don’t get on.” Charlie said, gesturing between Ash and I. 

“What do you want to do?” I said, turning to Tyler. 

“We’re taking the four wheelers out if you want to join.” Tristan said. Ash sent him a warning glare. I laughed when I saw the look of horror on Tyler’s face. 

“I think we’ll just stay in.”  A look of relief flashed over Tyler’s face. They all grumbled responses before piling out of the room. 

“So what do you want to do?” I asked.

“Movie?” He suggested. I nodded, before he added, “Show me to the kitchen.”

I quirked an eyebrow at him, “Please.” He added, rolling his eyes.

“Why?” I asked, showing him the way nonetheless. 

“You can’t possibly watch a movie without snacks.” He said as if it were possibly the stupidest thing I’d ever said. 

“We have snacks,” I said, gesturing to the food he’d bought with him. I jumped onto the counter, swinging my legs back and forth as Tyler searched the many cupboards. 

“But you don’t have this snack.” He said. “Where’s the cutlery?” He asked frustrated, shutting another draw. 

“Middle draw on the left.” I said without giving it any thought. He let out a cry of victory, going to the fridge to search for ingredients. “What are you making?” I asked as he dumped the contents on the counter next to me.

“Well, my dear friend, we are making my mom’s famous homemade fudge brownies.” He smiled, clapping his hands together for effect.

I am not doing anything.” I said matter-of-factly. 

“C’mon, Brooklyn, it’ll be fun! I’ll even let you lick the bowl afterwards.” He said. I rolled my eyes, jumping off the counter.

“And the spoon.” I said, rolling up my sleeves. His smile widened if possible and we started to get to work. 

----

“Are you sure it’s supposed to look like that?” I asked warily, watching as the thin brown mixture ran off the spoon and landed in the bowl. 

“I think something may have gone wrong.” He said as he stirred the batter again.

“You think? Is it just me or does it look kind of green?” I asked. He shrugged, pouring it into the tin anyway. 

“You still want to lick the bowl?” He asked, a smile twitching at his lips. I grimaced, shaking my head.

“And risk dying? Thanks but no thanks.” I said. He laughed, beginning to put things away. As the last of the things were being put away the Parker boys trudged in smothered in dirt and mud, leaving a trail behind them. Beth was going to have their heads when she saw that. Ash was the first to walk in. 

“Is that brownie mix?” He asked. Before I could stop him he had already scooped some into his mouth. I snickered as his face contorted into a picture of pure disgust and he ran to the sink to wash out his mouth. My snickering turned into laughter as I leaned onto Tyler to support myself from falling onto the floor and rolling on the floor. His chest rumbled with laughter as we watched him frantically drink water by the gallons.