Chapter 2

"I don't get why you continously hook-up with Justin," Nevaeh starts while we take our seats in the back of Calculus, "Like I know he's good looking and all and, wowee, he can bounce a ball up and down a court, but he's just using you Alicia. You're too good for him." She finishes, her sarcasm about his role as a basketball star dripping from her lips. Nevaeh had never liked Justin, for who knows what reason. He was a relaxed guy who actually didn't talk about hooking up with me, even though I had probably hooked up with him more than anyone else in the school. We connected on more than a lustful level. I almost went as far as to consider him a friend.

"Nevaeh, look. If he's using me, it's okay. I'm using him too. I'm not emotionally connected to him or whatever, he's just someone I can have fun with. We don't even have sex all the time." I lie. Something that shouldn't have gone unnoticed since I told Nevaeh every single thing that went on in my life.

Nevaeh lets out a small sigh, "Okay. I just worry about you. We already know you have a bad reputation and I just couldn't stand it if it got made worse by some douche bag 'baller'. Especially since you could do way better than him if you actually opened your mind to dating someone instead of just having fun."

Now it's my turn to sigh, Nevaeh and I had this conversation at leat once a week.

I know she worries about me, and my bad reputation, but the thing is, we graduate in less than a year. I don't see the big issue if I'm just having fun. I have time to get serious and find the right guy in college. High school relationships are nothing but a fluke. Something that can potentially set you up for disaster if you find yourself too attatched to the person you're with, because no matter what those relationships end, one of the two in the relationship will find someone better and leave thir once other-half in the dust. Heart broken and soulcrushed. Which is why I planned on waiting until college. Or after college. 

That is, if anyone could ever want someone as used up as I was.

"Hun, I know. And you know my feelings on dating in high school. Just think though, we graduate soon, so I'll start trying to setlle down eventually." I reply. Not bothering to voice my insecurity.

"Alright I guess, just, promise me that if you do happen to get knocked up by Justin you'll let me whoop his dumb ass for not using protection." She smirks.

"Of course, you can also be the godmother." I smile, knowing that she would want some sort of title to my child as well. Nevaeh returns my smile and opens her mouth to say something else when out teacher cuts us off.

"Waters! Vanderburg! Detention!" Mr. Cutter snaps from the front of the room.

"What? Why?" I question loudly. A sliver of panic crossing into my tone. My parents wouldn't be pleased if they found out I had detention.

"For continuously talking and disrupting my classroom!" Mr. Cutter replies, obviously put out with my back talk.

Scanning the board behind him I quickly make up a lie.

"Mr. Cutter we didn't mean to disrupt the classroom, I was just explaining to Nevaeh how to use L'Hopitals rule to help solve for the derivative of infinity. She felt you had gone over it to quickly and had a few small questions that I was merely answering for her." I lie smoothly.