~2~

I left the interview feel accomplished. I got the job! I call Corbyn.

"Hey bro how'd it go?" Corbyn answers.

"I got the job and he gave me a start up bonus after I told him what happened to my family and my financial situation."

"How much of a bonus?"

"You won't believe this. $7,000."

"Your kidding?!"

"Nope he's even sending me to a few stores to find suits and stuff to wear."

"Woah!"

"I'm going to cash the check then go pay my bills then I'm going to John Luca's on 5th. Wanna meet me there?"

"Yeah bro. an hour?"

"Yeah definitely I'm almost at the bank now."

I get to the bank and they cash my check almost immediately since it has Mr. Avery's name on it. I go to the apartment complex and pay my bills. Then meet Corbyn at John Luca's.

"Z this place is nice!"

"I know I don't even know where to start."

"Hello Welcome to John Luca's I'm Eugene how can I help you today?" A tall tan man come over to us.

"Hi I'm Zach my new Boss Jack Avery sent me here to buy work clothes."

"Ah your the gentlemen Mr. Avery called about. He had some items chosen for you."

After 2 hours of shopping I finally got 9 pairs of pants, 10 work shirts, 2 blazers and because Eugene was just a nice man he threw in a full tuxedo.

"Now Zach I threw in the Tux because I know Jack and I have confidence in you my love Go in and kill it. Work hard and you do well."

On Monday I dress to impress. I put on the black dress pants, and a dark blue button up with black shoes. I put on my rings and head out the door. I walk to Avery Inc.

"Hi there I'm here to start my first day." I said to the main secretary who I have to get my security badge from.

"Ah Mr. Herron. Lets take your picture for security then we will have your badge made and given to you by the end of the day. You'll use this temporary badge to start with. "

After I get my picture taken I go up to the 9th floor where Mr. Avery's office is and I see Gabriella there.

"Good morning Gabriella."

"Morning Zach."

"Where's my desk?"

"It's right there outside of Mr. Avery's office."

"Ok thank you I'll set up now."

I start setting up my desk then at 9 am on the dot Mr. Avery walks through the elevator doors.

"Good morning Mr. Avery." The receptionist Jessica says

"Morning Jessica."

"Good morning Mr. Avery," I say standing up.

"Zach! Look at you. John Luca's?"

"Yes, sir."

"Zach don't be so formal.

"Alright."

"Ok. Check your calendar we have a few meetings today. Did you want a tablet or notebook?"

"Actually Mr. Avery-"

"Jack."

"Alright, Jack. I brought my netbook computer if that would be ok?" (Really small laptop)

"Yeah, that'd be fine. We need to have IT look at though for security purposes."

"Got it."

I go back to my desk and call IT and have them come get my netbook so they can look at it and make sure it's all good to go. Then I check my calendar and we have a meeting with J-JONAH MARAIS?! in 10 minutes. I walk up to Jack's office and knock on the door.

"Come in." His deep voice sounded.

"Jack."

"Zach come in. How can I help you?

"Your next meeting is with Jonah Marais?"

"Yes, it is. Why?"

"He was friends with my dad. I haven't seen him since their funeral. He used to be in my life allot. I-I d-don't know if I'll be able to hold it together during the meeting."

"Zach it's ok. I'll call Jonah and see if he doesn't mind staying a few extra minutes that way we can start a little later and you guy can have a moment then pull yourselves together."

"Thank you Jack."

"Your welcome."

I walked out of Jack's office and sat at my desk typing away. I haven't seen Jonah in so long. He was like a big brother to me. Then I hear his deep booming voice speaking to me."

"Hi, I'm here for Jack Avery My name is J-"

"Jonah Marais," I said

"Z-Zach."

"Mr. Avery will see you now."

We walk into Jack's office.

"Zach stop come here," Jonah said shutting the door.

"It's ok Zach have your moment," Jack said

I turn around and engulf Jonah in a hug. I start crying thinking of the old times with him and my family.

"Zach where have you been for the last year?! I've looked all over for you."

"I sold the house quick and got an apartment. I couldn't get a job for over a year and I got lucky to find this Job with Jack."

"Oh Zach you could have always came to my company."

"I didn't know what to say or do. But now I'm happy here."

"Thats great Zach."

Jonah and I hug one more time and I get out my netbook and get ready to take notes.