Paprika Chicken and Rice

This here is probably one of my number one dish's that my friends just love! I'm sharing it with all of you! (the chicken on the cover of this book is the chicken from this recipe! and yes, I cooked what you see.) The beauty of this dish is, it's not at all expensive to make and it's fairly simple, but it is delish!

Ingredients:

-5 chicken thighs

-1 teaspoon salt

-1 teaspoon pepper

-1 teaspoon paprika

-1 teaspoon dried parsley

-1 tablespoon olive oil

-1 tablespoon garlic, minced

-½ cup red onion, diced-1 cup long grain rice

-1 ½ cups chicken broth

-salt, to taste and pepper, to taste

Directions:

Step 1: Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).

Step 2: In a large bowl, evenly season chicken thighs with salt, pepper, paprika, and parsley.

Step 3: On high, heat olive oil in a oven-proof pot and place chicken thighs, skin-side down, in the hot oil. Cook 5-6 minutes or the thighs develop brown crispy skin and flip over.

Step 4: Cook an additional 5-6 minutes to brown the other side and remove from the pot.

Step 5: Add the onions to the pot, and cook until the onions are transparent, and then add the minced garlic and cook for just about 30 seconds to a minute, not too long! I would suggest having the rice and chicken broth ready to pour in.

Step 6: Pour in the rice and chicken broth to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Stir well, bringing to a boil.

Step 7: Add the chicken thighs back into the pot, skin-side up, on top of the rice, bring back to a boil and cover with a lid.

Step 8: Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the rice is fully cooked.

**Please let know if you have any questions or let me know how yours turned out!**