Chapter 3: Not A Sweet 16 After All

Heyyyyyyyyy! Im back!!!!! :D

Sorry for kinda disappearing off the face of the earth for a while. I was starting to think my stories weren't very interesting so I kinda just stopped writing. Then when I tried to get back into it, my computer broke. So ya :/ But now I have a new computer and new inspiration thanks to all of you who voted and added this book to your library and a special thanks to GwenNoah for leaving comments and making my day ^_^

Thank you and happy reading!!! 

“Hide me.” I whispered to Airedesa as I grabbed her arms and placed her body in front of me like a shield.

Airedesa, being the goody two shoes she was, took a swift side step; leaving me a hundred percent exposed. I tried to make a run for it, lunging myself at the exit but was yanked back by a hand squeezing my arm like a boa constrictor, cutting off my circulation. It didn’t help that her nails were like razor sharp talons as they dug deeper and deeper causing me to shriek like a puppy that just got its tail stepped on.

“What is this?!” My mother demanded as she gestured over me with her free hand.

“A dress.” I snapped sarcastically.

The look on her face showed clearly that if there weren’t so many witnesses, she would have beaten me right then and there.

We had a silent battle, our eyes narrowed as we glared at one another.

“Ehhh hem.” Someone interrupted by clearing their throat.

My mother and I snapped out of our staring contest to see an older man in his late 40s speaking to us. His attire was identical to my fathers, from the golden crown resting upon his head to the freshly buffered shoes on his feet.

“I hope I am not interrupting anything.” He said politely as he exchanged wary looks between me and my mother.

“Not at all.” My mother responded as she plastered a mile long smile onto her face.

“Good. I would like to introduce my eldest son, Prince Fredrick.”

A young man around 18 years old stepped out from behind his father’s shadow. He was a brunette with short hair that spiked upwards. His eyes shone bright blue, so bright in fact that they reminded me of snake eyes.

“Nice to meet you Princess Amber.” He bowed to me and extended out his hand.

I stood there dumbfounded, just blinking my wide eyes at his gesture. My mother took matters into her own hands by stabbing me in the ribs with her elbow. I obediently placed my hand in his as he continued the ritual by kissing above my knuckles.

“The pleasure is mine.” I recited through a gritted smile.

The King smiled happily at us as if we were in love. I held back the vomit rising in my throat.

“Come Fredrick, you will be reunited with the Princess again when it is time to dance.”

The two men walked off and I left my mother to go fetch a refreshment.

As I took a sip of my drink as Anastasia approached me.

“What did you think of Prince Frederick?’

“I don’t know.  I just met the guy. We didn’t even say anything besides greetings. I can’t judge him based on that.” I shrugged as I took another gulp.

“Well you’re going to have to get used to it because by the end of the night you have to pick one of the suitors for your betrothal and you have to base it on first impressions.”

Like a freshly loaded water gun, punch sprayed from my mouth all over the table.

“Suitors?! Betrothal?!” I gasped.

“You seriously didn’t know? That’s what this whole party is about.”

 My fingers loosened and the glass cup I was holding crashed onto the tile floor, shattering into a million pieces just like my heart.

I know, I know, its very short. This is one of those dinky chapters that lead into the next ch which will be about the usual 3 pg length. Also that ch will be posted anywhere between 1 to 2 weeks :)