part 4

By the time Spike and Buffy had reached their street, it was already 10:00. Buffy silently unlocked their garden gate and opened the front door. Before she could even step into the hallway, Spike jnr and his little sister threw themselves into her arms shrieking "mummy!! Daddy!! You're back!! Help us!! Zacky won't stop chasing us!!" A howl of laughter could be heard resonating from the sitting room. Zachary suddenly rushed around the corner in his Bob the Builder pyjamas, nearly slipping on the laminate flooring. Joyce let out an ear piercing squeal and legged it up the stairs, Zachary yelling "Joyceee Woyseeee!!! I'm coming to get you!!!" as he chased after his terrified sister. Buffy rolled her eyes and crossed her arms "Zacky calm down! Stop scaring your sister!" Zachary appeared on the top step, his hair resembling a dusty mop "but muuum! I like scaring her!" There was a noise that sounded like a choking pug and a cat's hiss and a high pitched voice cried "Stop scaring me or I'll slap you!! Oh I will, I will!!" Zachary screwed his fists up and shouted louder "shut up stupid!!!! If you slap me, you'll be in trouble because I'm a big nasty werewolf and I'm going to eat your flesh and crunch your bones!!! RAWWWWRRRR!!!!" Joyce could be heard crying again. Buffy sighed "stop it!! For goodness sake!! Where did you get that language and why is your hair so dusty?! Have you been up in the attic again?" The boy shrugged "what am I going to do with you?" She shook her head "go on. And play nice!" Zachary nodded and ran off. "I should have called him Chase. He seems to like chasing his siblings around. Can't sit still for one minute that boy" Spike laughed and looked down at his twin. He knelt down and grabbed him around the waist, lifting him high into the air. Spike jnr started laughing and kicking his legs about "who's my big handsome fella, eh?" He settled the boy onto his shoulders and smiled at Buffy "don't worry pet, they'll all grow out of it soon. They aren't gonna be young forever now, are they?" she smiled slightly. It wasn't a happy smile, more a sad and lonely smile "that's what I'm afraid of" Spike lowered his son from his shoulders and set him down, patting his back "go play, mate" Spike jnr nodded and ran off upstairs. The vampire put his hand on the Slayer's shoulder "let them be children while they can, ok?" She did not say anything nor make any action. Spike kissed her forehead and smiled "falling in love with you, marrying you, having children with you...the best things that have ever happened to me" he squeezed her hand and she followed him into the living room. Willow saw them first and smiled "hey, you two" Spike smirked "evening, Red" and Buffy sat down next to Willow who had begun playing with fine wisps of her red hair "hiya Buff. You ok?" She nodded "mm" and glanced around the room. Dawn was nowhere to be seen "where's Dawn?" Willow looked over her shoulder and lowered her voice to a faint whisper "oh...her and Xander fell out again. She went upstairs but then came back down about two hours after. She'd been crying, I could see.  Eyes red raw.  She just walked out. Said she was going for some air" Buffy nodded "and Xander?" "Upstairs in bed" Buffy nodded "did she tell you where she was going or when she'd be back?" Willow rolled her eyes "she's Dawn. You really think she would?" Buffy frowned "mm. Guess not" she glanced at Spike with a worried expression which he read almost immediately "come on then, pet. Lets go look for Lil Bit. She'll be fine, I'm sure of it" she shook her head "how could you know? She could be lying dead in a ditch somewhere right now and we wouldn't even know" he put his hand on her shoulder "she's a wild girl. She's capable of beating someone to shit" "yeah. But not as capable as me"