Part 2

As the years went by, Spike grew into a healthy normal 7 year old boy. Or as normal as a half blood could be. He was beginning to show signs of vampirism transformation as Giles had discovered that the offspring of a human and a vampire (also known as Dhampir) has no vampire weaknesses but must drink blood at least twice a month. It is a rare occurance for a Dhampir to become a full vampire but this may happen during puberty or show signs from an early age such as paling of the skin and the body refusing the breathing process.

He also found out not long after Spike was born that it was an extremely rare occurence for a vampire to have children but after one is born, he is capable of having more and by the time the boy was 5 years old, his mother gave birth to twins, a blue-eyed blonde haired daughter whom Buffy named Joyce after her mother and a brunette green-eyed boy named Zachary Xander, after one of her best friends.

Over the years, Buffy's friends had formed lives of their own. 21 year old Dawn and 26 year old Xander were married and had a child of their own: 4 year old Anya Harris whom they both named after Anya, the ex demon and Xander's old lover that had died in Sunnydale, Willow and Kennedy were a married lesbian couple, now looking for a child to adopt, and Giles worked as a librarian (again) in the local library.

All except Giles, they lived together in a 4 bedroomed house in the richer part of London, a place Giles wanted to return to and where Spike had spent his human days. To them both, it was good to be home. Room 1 was for the children to sleep in, the room containing two sets of bunk beds and where a lot of arguments between who got to be whom when playing games occurred, Room 2 was Xander and Dawn's room, Room 3 Buffy and Spike's room which contained a lot of black to Spike's liking and Room 4 Kennedy and Willow's room, one half being a Wicca wonderland and the other half Slayer central. Giles lived in a separate flat not far from the house itself and he always came round to visit. Little Spike lived peacefully with his family. He adored playing with Anya and the two became inseparable. Xander nicknamed him Snow White, for his hair and pale skin and Spike gave him the nickname Spikey hedgehog as his hair had turned to platinum blonde spikes, as he had grown. Willow also had a nickname for him but only when Spike wasn't around: Little Angel, because the boy was as good as gold and a tribute to the ensouled vampire that resided in Los Angeles. Little Spike had never seen Angel and, as Spike wanted, hoped he never would.

It was a habit for Little Spike to wait until nightfall when everyone was fast asleep, climb out of his bedroom window and sit on the rooftop gazing up at the stars. He often did this when he was angry or upset as a way of calming himself down, or simply when he was bored. Sometimes Willow or Spike would come and sit with him and they'd talk for hours until they were called inside. He'd often think about many things when he was alone on that rooftop: why had he been born? What did he want to be when he grew up? Sometimes he'd think of answers to those questions. The first question was hard for him to answer. Most of the time he believed that he was created by the powers-that-be to bring about the downfall of evil. Other times, he believed that he was born to kill. He told this to his father often, who always replied: "ever get those voices in your head? It means you have a soul, a conscience. Use it wisely"
The answer to his second question was that he wanted to grow up to be a Slayer like his mother. But he had secretly read some of Giles's books on the history of Slayers and learned that all Slayers are female. Never has there been a male. So he gave up on that dream, kept it to himself and his father, yet he still believed that one day, a male slayer could be born. He hoped that when he was older, he would recieve news of the calling of a naturally male Slayer and he would tell his father "I told you so, didn't I?"