he's got to be crazy

Start from the beginning

Scooting closer to him, she took one of his hands in hers. They were warm, but very feeble. There were callouses on his knuckles. Breaking the kiss, she bit her lip, "you can touch me you know."

Will took a sharp breath as she guided him to herself, and Gloria almost had to hold in her chuckles as he looked surprised as she aided him in groping her. He was soft, sweet.

Taking her hand away from his, she trailed it up to his face, tracing the faded scar. She thought he was preoccupied, but when her thumb made its way back up to his cheek, his eyes quickly looked back up to her.

"What are you doing?" He wasn't mad, but his tone was hushed.

Keeping her eyes on the scar, she smiled again, "I'm giving you a memorable first time." She allowed herself to look at Wills eyes again, "it's the least I could do."

Indifference stole his eyes. They flashed with confusion, and Will cleared his throat softly. "I don't want a memorable first time," his voice faltered towards the end, "I just want to get it over with."

"Why is it such a rushed thing for you?"

"I just want it over."

In the background, the next song in the album began to hum, and Gloria stared at the boy. Sex filled her life, but she's never felt this vulnerable with most of her clothes on. Licking her lips, she leaned in a bit more towards the boy, "why?" Her voice was low, almost inaudible, but he knew what she said.

Straightening his back, Will shifted his gaze towards the ceiling. They sat like that for a minute as the sun completely fell below the sky, introducing night to their corner of the world. Even though the window was closed, the two felt colder than before.

"I just," gaining eye contact again, he suddenly shifted his body to face the girl more head on, "I feel left out. Like I'm the only one not part of the club."

"You shouldn't waste such an experience just because the grass seems greener."

"That's easy for you to say."

Gloria felt like she should have been offended. Dropping her hand from his face and straightening her back, she digested his words. His face softened and she could tell he didn't mean what he alluded, but she wasn't as hurt as he probably thought she was.

He was kind of right. I mean, it was her job.

But he didn't have to be a dick.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that, I just-"

"No I know," she interjected, finding her own eyes wandering. "You play guitar?" She desperately wanted to change the subject.

It took him a second to respond, but he nodded and Gloria pushed forth her nicest smile. "I guess we are even, then." He looked up at her with confusion as she continued, "I wish I knew how to play an instrument, but I think you're at the advantage here. We could fuck right now and I would still not know how to play guitar."

Will's face uncrumpled, and for the first time he laughed. It wasn't much, but just enough for Gloria to allow herself to laugh too. The boy rubbed his face and she took the moment to admire how he was properly handsome with a smile. He reached down to his pants and took out a cigarette box, pulling two sticks out and handed one to her. Taking it with a nod, Gloria wedged it between her lips and leaned into his lighter, taking a puff and relaxing into the exhale.

The smoke from the both of them swirled into the room, and Will took his into his hand and stared at it. "I've waited my whole life just to get sex over with because Im not credible without it. I've wasted so much of my time worrying about it that now that I'm faced with the opportunity, it doesn't seem worth it."

They reconnected eyes, and he quickly added "not because I don't want to fuck you", earning a chuckle from the girl.

"No, I understand," she smiled, finishing off her cigarette and handing it to him to put out on the makeshift ashtray that sat on the windowsill. "It's up to you though. It's up to you to take the plunge and get it over with, or wait for someone special at a special time." Gloria leaned back on the bed, reaching up with her right hand and took out her long black hair from the ponytail that held it back.

"I think you are selling yourself short," Will mumbles as he put his own cigarette out, turning his head to look at her, "I think you are special."

A smile crept across her face, and she felt herself even blush. Goddamn. "Well, thank you Will." Looking back at the boy, Gloria let her head go limp on her shoulders and she noticed, even in the dark, that his eyes were a deep shade of brown.

***
hey this is my first short story it's literally just this part but i wanted to share something i've been working on, which is mainly for a film project. anyways, love y'all lmao sorry this sucks and probably has so many errors
also i'm playing with themes so i hope someone's inner english lit teacher can read this and be like "tHiS iSnT jUsT aBoUt SeX"