he's got to be crazy

Start from the beginning

Without overthinking it, she reached up and palmed his neck, rubbing a circle into his jaw before kissing him. He seemed a bit shocked in the movement, as if he wasn't paying her to do so, but as she guided him into a deeper kiss, he followed willingly. The boy tasted inexperienced, and Gloria pulled back, keeping her hand rested at his neck, her finger slightly playing with one of his curls.

It immediately clicked in her mind as she searched his eyes, and it made sense. "You haven't done this before," her question came out more of a statement, but the two knew the answer. A blush grew across his face as he drew away slightly.

Goddamn it. Gloria was going to take this guys virginity. God fucking damn it. She wasn't mad, but she recognized the embarrassment that painted his face as he refused to look at her and realized she couldn't let the kid down.

Taking ahold of his face again, she softened her smile, "hey it's okay. We all gotta start somewhere."

"Are you trying to patronize me?" His fingers knitted together as she let him go to look down. The mop of curls on his head shielded his face from her, and she felt nothing but guilt.

"No, I just wish you told me, I wouldn't have dressed like this."

Will looked up slightly to re-examine her clothing, and his eyebrows folded together, "like what?"

Chuckling slightly, Gloria looked down at herself, "well, like a stereotypical hooker I guess."

"I think you look nice." His eyes were back down to his hands, curls hiding him away from her sincerity.

In a swift movement, Gloria got up and pushed herself down to the records, folding her legs underneath herself. Nodding towards them, she looked towards the boy, who shrugged in approval without returning the gaze, and she carefully shifted through them.

"You've got a good taste in music."

"I guess."

Landing on a black covered recorded, simply labeled Cigarettes After Sex, she lifted it up and showed it to him, "I didn't know they pressed this album for vinyl."

He lifted his eyes up to her, flicking it down to the record, and for the first time it seemed like he wasn't uncomfortable. "I bought it when they were on tour, they are amazing live," the boy spoke with a bit more confidence as Gloria smiled back, taking the vinyl out carefully before putting it onto the player.

Counting down the tracks, she made sure the needle hit the right spot before joining Will on the bed once more, "John Wayne is my favorite song of theirs."

The first chords of the song played, the guitar humming deeply in the speakers and Gloria felt less uneasy. Taking a steadying breath of her own, she was growing used to the cold, and scooted herself towards the boy next to her. He radiated a warmth that wasn't that strong, but was there nonetheless.

"You don't have to be embarrassed, you know," she whispered, "sex isn't that big of a deal anyways." Gloria felt less perverted when he finally met her eyes, she felt less like some innocence robber.

"I'm aware, I just kind of just wanted to get it over with."

The wind picked up strength, blowing the curtain wildly. Breaking the eye contact, Will turned around and fumbled with the curtain and window, shutting it after some mild struggle. Silence, except for the slow beat of the song in the background, filled the room as he took his time to look back at Gloria, who now began to untuck her shirt. When he faced her, she slid it off, leaving her in her skirt and bra.

She felt his eyes explore her body. It wasn't as gross and hungry as she was accustomed too, but hesitant. Leaning it slowly, Gloria had to skip the awkwardness and just began to kiss him again. It was sweet.