Chapter 17: What's Going On?

(Alice P.O.V.)

"Colin, I need to talk to you, it's about something important."

"Yes Alice?"

He says looking at me as if he has something he needs to say too but is just waiting for me to say my peace.

"I really like you Colin — we have been talking and working together for over 3 months now, we get along great — I would like for us to be more than friends."

"I can't Alice. I'm sorry."

And with that he walked out of my door without saying anything else.

Why do I always fall for the men that don't want me why do I always end up liking guys who have hidden agendas, I knew this would happen, but hey you know what I can't blame anyone but myself — he said it was a no strings attached thing and I agreed, I even said to myself that it was just a one time thing that meant nothing so what did I expect.

Well I look down at my stomach and say, "well, it's just me and you Green Bean."

It's only me and my baby I'm fine with being by myself, I'm fine with not having a boyfriend or a husband. It doesn't matter, I just want to have this baby and take care of it and treat it like the King or Queen they are.

I can do this.

5 Days Later

Me and Colin haven't seen each other since he walked out on the conversation, we didn't talk, I didn't try to communicate with him in any way shape or form. Plus I had a whole two weeks to myself...so I finished the project on my own and I went ahead and sent everything in to my boss, that way he could email me after going over it and making sure it was right. He did email me back but it was not the email I was expecting he told me that the ending is not going exactly what he was looking for and then he asked me if me and Colin worked on the last part together and I said no of course, that Colin had some things he needed to do.

My boss of course didn't agree with that and said we needed to finish that last part together — as a team.

Just my luck I try to avoid him and my boss just shoves him directly in front of me —.

The universe just  LOVES me.

He emailed me today saying how he would like to talk to me and how we can meet at the cafe we went to a couple of times when we were working on the case together. I didn't respond to his email nor did I intend on responding — I didn't care if I lost my job because of it. I just simply want to not see him again, is that too much to ask!

When I don't email him back, he emails me again saying that we really needed to meet up so we could talk. But I didn't respond again.

I thought the whole thing was over and that he had given up the conversation and topic — until he came an hour later knocking on my door.

"Alice, let me in, I gotta talk to you."