part 2

Khushi could feel his eyes on her...she could feel goosebumps all over her body due to his stare...Damn feelings! They never go easily...she said quick hi's to her colleagues and left the party making an excuse of tiresome journey...

She was standing in parking lot waiting for her cab...she hugged herself as cool breeze hit her...she was dialing the number of cab driver when someone covered her with jacket from behind...

She knew this warmth...she knew this cologne...she didn't need to turn to know who the person is...

Arnav came in front of her adjusting the jacket on her shoulders properly...

"Mumbai can be cold sometimes..." he whispered not meeting her eyes...

"I don't need ur jacket" she started removing it from her shoulders but his hands stopped her...and finally looked at her...

Something flickered between them at that moment...old sparks flew as history never affects the chemistry...they both could feel the heat rush in their bodies just by gazing at each other...

Arnav's one hand travelled to her waist pulling her closer while other cupped his cheek...his thumb rubbed her cheek...

"I miss u so much" he started dropping kisses all over her face numbing her completely...he kissed her eyes...her nose...her forehead...her cheeks...her jaw...his hold tightened on her as he possessively and longingly claimed her lips...

khushi's hand fisted his shirt as he mercilessly devoured her mouth...she wanted to stop him...she wanted to pull away but she couldn't...her body was betraying her mind...

A honk from coming car forced them to pull away...

"khushi..." he breathed...

khushi closed her eyes for a moment...hearing her name in his voice after so long made some haunting memories return along with fluttering in her stomach...

She raised her hand stopping him from saying anything further...she stepped back putting some distance between them...

"It was a hormonal rush...nothing else! I would appreciate if u don't try to bring past up...let it stay where it belongs...everything is going to be professional between us" she removed the jacket and handed him back..."thanks for jacket...but I don't need it"

Finally her cab was there...she walked towards it without sparing a glance back to Arnav who stood there at his place watching her go...

"When have we adhere to rules khu
shi...!" he smiled slyly...he hugged jacket closely inhaling its odor... their fragrances were meshed together...

"Rose! Few things never change" he could smell her with him...just the way it used to be 3 years back...

"it was all due to her hormones...it has been long she was touched like that by any man let alone kissed...her hormones just went bit overboard seeing him...after so long" she tried pacifying herself...she ignored her heart which was screaming a total different story...

She rolled down the window and looked outside in the dark sky...the sky was empty...like her life...it was surrounded by darkness just like her! She thought with a sigh...

"She has moved on...he doesn't affect her anymore" she told herself...

----------

khushi walked in Arnav's office...she didn't knew Arnav has stepped into construction business to that's why she was oblivious about the meeting with him at party...

She was here today for their first meeting on project...she hopes that Arnav accepts her request and keep their relation strictly professional...she really can't go through that hell once again...she took so much time to hold herself...if she broke this time she won't be able to gather herself again...