I open my mouth to tease him but he beats me to it by lifting his finger. "We never speak of this." He warns.

I lift my hands in surrender, "Never. Although I think it is sweet."

"There's nothing sweet about me." He says seriously.

Can't agree more.

"He is lucky to have you as a big brother."

He gives me a weird look. "He's not my... " He hesitates and stops. "He is." He whispers with a feeling I can't place.

He jumps to his feet suddenly. "Can we go, now!" he orders.

I make a face, "I haven't even taken my frozen yogurt." I pout.

"Let's just go." His mood is back to sourness.

"And this time I get to pick the radio station," I say.

"As long as it isn't that Fix you shit." He litters the area with the four cans of beer we have drunk. Hope we don't get pulled over by the traffic police.

"That song is great." I defend my second favorite band, Coldplay.

"You can't fix someone." He says with resignation and I follow him to the car.

*****

The ride back to his penthouse is disturbingly silent. The radio remained turned off the whole ride. His eyes were occupied outside. I kept wondering what I might have done to piss him off. By now I should be used to Quinn's unpredictable mood swings. But am not.

"You can sleep in my room. I will freshen up." He says once we are at his duplex. I watch his retreating figure and slump on the sofa, once he's out of sight.

I remove my stilettos and lay down for a while. I sit up again and decide to snoop around cause am sure I will never get another opportunity to be in any of Quinn's places.

I start by walking towards the room Quinn earlier disappeared to and came back with the booty call agreement. The door creaks as it opens. I expect to be met by a dungeon or an S&M room. But am surprised it is a study room. With a large oak table and an easy chair. However, the many bookshelves sprouting from the wall, fascinate me more. How many books does he own? Does he read them all? One side of the wall has academic books such as literature, law, finance. The other is just novels.

This time I have more self-control. I don't get tempted to go through the novel section. I move to his desk. The computer is switched off. There are countless files on the desk. I sit down and start going through each one of them. None of them have what I want until; I spot one printed on top, Accounts.

I open it and my heart leaps with victory. It has information for some of the Clients in his father's Audit firm.

I feel like rubbing my hands together and giving an evil laugh like those villains in superheroes shows. The file has just enough recipe to shake the Nickels' Audit empire.

I take my phone and take quick photos. Just when am about to place it back, Quinn's voice freezes me.

"What are you doing in here?" He barks.

I stutter, "I... I... "

"What part of don't touch my stuff don't you understand?" He seethes.

I compose myself and plaster a seductive smile. I place my index finger into my mouth and start biting it, "I have always had a fantasy of being taken on a desk, I push the files and they scatter on the floor. I Am relieved when the Accounts file mixes with the rest.

He sighs with annoyance, "I am not having sex with you."

I am a bit hurt by his rejection.

He notices my hurt, "Because if I do, then all this night would have been for nothing. " I make a face of not understanding. He expounds further, "Tonight was a night of breaking the rules and one of those rules is we do what we don't normally do and that includes not having sex." He explains like a 101 course for dummies.

I nod with understanding though disappointed am not getting any. And also pleased Quinn honored each rule. He might have been withholding in talking about himself but at least I got to see a different side of him.

"Let's get some sleep." He yawns.

"Are cuddles and spooning part of the breaking rules thing?"

His mood has improved. He smiles. "Only if you are a good girl and take a bath."

Am embarrassed, do I smell? but still, smile looking forward to the night.