Chapter 2: The Truth

"We're here Eren" I look down at the sad brat, who had been crying in my stomach for the past hour. He sits up and looks at the castle-like structure wiping his tears.

          "Woah, is this the HQ Corporal?" He looks like he's in awe.

          "Yes it is. This is where you will be living with my squad and I." I bring my horse into the stable and hop off, holding my arms out to Eren who glady jumps in them.

          "You mean I'll get to meet them?!" His voice squeaks in excitement, which I happen to think is adorable. I nod at him which makes his smile look ten times bigger, if it can get even bigger. "I've always dreamed of meeting the Levi Squad!" He squeals in excitement. I cant help but to chuckle lightly at his enthusiastic personality. Is this brat gonna change me?

         I walk into the first building with Eren perched on my side. Soon I hear someone running up the stairs.

         "Levi!!!! Is he here!?" As suspected, Hanji... Eren gets scared by her and hides behind my shoulder.

         "Shut up shitty-glasses! You're scaring the brat!"

         "Sorry Levi!" She bends down to face Eren, hopefully she doesn't do anything rash... "Hello Eren, I'm Squad Leader Hanji Zoë! It's nice to meet you!"

         "H-hello Hanji, I-it's nice to meet you too..." Poor brat's still scared.

         "Well, I'll let you two go and set up your room! Bye Eren! Bye Levi!" Eren waves at her as she runs back downstairs.

         "Corporal, are we sharing a room?" I nod at him again and he smiles slightly. Is he comfortable with me already? I hope so, or else he's not gonna last long here.

          I continue up the the stairs to my room. Eren looks around nervously, but he catches his eyes on something. I stop where I am and look in the direction hes looking in. What on earth is he looking at?

         "Eren? Are you okay?" He nods. I continue walking and end up in a large room with large windows. I can hear Eren gasp in shock. "Do you like it?"

         "Yeah!" I set him down and he runs to the window with the bed in it. "It's so pretty Corporal!" I lie down on the giant king size bed and watch his eyes. They shift around every second and new specks of shimmer form in them. He looks back up at me with sad eyes though.                                    

          "Corporal, can I lay with you? I feel sad..." This brat is gonna be the death of me, I swear.

         "Yes, come here..." He walks over to me and I pick him up and lie him next to me. He cuddles into my stomach so gently. I really cant help but to love this brat. I rub his back in a comforting way as he lets out silent tears. I hum a lulllaby in hope of cheering him up, but I fail. He cries even harder. "Eren, tell me what's wrong..."

         "I want my mom... !" The brat must feel terrible, I took him away from his mother. "Why do I have to be here Corporal!? Why?!" So he doesn't know, I see...

         "Do you remember what your father did to you Eren?" He looks at me with a confused expression. "I suppose not then, well, your father injected you with titan DNA and now Hanji and I must teach you how to use it correctly and safely."

         "S-so I'm a... a TITAN!?"

         "Yes Eren, you are infact, half titan" He tears up looking at me shocked and confused. The poor brat, he's trying to comprehend everything all at once... "I'm sorry Eren, I really am" I hug the little one tighter as he sobs into my shirt once more