Five; I love you

Althea didn't care if she lived anymore, she just wanted the pain to go away. No matter how many times she tried to forget about the horrible thing she had to witness she couldn't, and part of her didn't want to. As if she didn't want to forget about those who died after helping her so much. The drive to CBC took longer then she expected, the young female was in the car with the Grimes Family, sitting in the back with Carl, their hands intertwined. Althea looked over at Carl before leaning her head on his shoulder. “We should play a car game.” Carl suggested, his mum shaking her head in response. “You two get prepared, we'll be at CBC soon.” she smiled then turned back to Rick, talking to him about nothing in particular.

Soon she felt the car come to a stop, looking out the window she saw a large silver building. “We're here.” Rick said, turning to Carl and Althea. “Stay safe, alright?” he asked, noticing their intertwined hands and grinning like a school girl.
The man opened his door, grabbing his shotgun then slowly walking out, Althea was still holding Carl's hand as she crawled out of the car, hiding behind Shane and Rick as they killed as many walkers as possible. Althea wanted to cover her ears, she hated the sound of the gunshots, only imagining the camp being overrun. Rick ran towards the metal shutters, starting to kick and punch at them. “Is no one here?” Althea asked in a quiet voice as more walkers surrounded the group. She gripped onto Carl's arm gently, closing her blue eyes and waiting for the impact of a bite.

It never came, she heard Rick's screaming at the person inside the building, shouting about how they were killing the group. She flinched at his words, pulling Carl closer and snuggling him close. When Althea opened her eyes she saw that the metal shutters and doors were open, light coming through them from inside. Althea was really shocked that the person inside would even want to help.

***

Althea was so grateful, grateful that she didn't have to see anybody else die, grateful that a scientist of CBC named Edwin Jenner let them into this safe place. After taking blood tests Edwin was leading the group down a hallway, he answered a few questions then turned around, staring at everyone with a smile. He backed into a dark room. “This is zone five,” he explained. “Vi, turn on the upper lights.” he commanded while looking up at the lights, and like that they flickered on. “I thought you said you were the last one, who's Vi?” Althea piped up, still holding Carl's hand gently. “Vi, tell our guests hello, say 'welcome'” he spoke with a stern tone as a robotic voice spoke. “Hello Guests, welcome.” it said, making the little girl flinch.

After he told them more information on this place, everyone went to doing their own thing while Althea stared at him in a suspicion, she didn't trust him in anyway. The blonde rubbed her forehead, walking out of the room and into her own, which she shared with the Grimes family. After looking around the building for a bit she reentered the room where the group was located.

Althea stared for awhile, realizing they were drunk. She stuck her tongue out, going over to sit with Carl. She sat down in the seat next to him, pulling her legs up then hugging them gently. She didn't want to eat, she was still afraid, she knew that sooner or later they'd be digging a grave for her. She felt an arm wrap around her shoulders, looking up to see Carl, who was attempting to cuddle with her.

Even though she was confused she pulled him close, hugging him for warmth.

“I want a drink.” Althea heard Carl say, making her cock her head to the side. “I don't think that's a good idea–” Lori began, but then Rick shrugged, grabbing the bottle of wine and putting the smallest amount he possibly could into a plastic cup. He passed the cup towards Carl, smiling. After a while he had spat the liquid out, complaining about how gross it was. Althea laughed at his immaturity then closed her eyes, snuggling closer to him. She soon dozed off calmly breathing in Carl's arms.

***

Althea woke up on a soft bed, Carl asleep next to her. She was pretty sure it was morning, but couldn't tell for sure. She tucked a piece of his hair away from his face, watching him sleep in such a peaceful way made her believe that people can be happy in this world. She was now staring at him, a light blush coating her cheeks as she watched him smile while sleeping. He opened his eyes a minute later, staring into her blue orbs. “Good morning, Carl.” she greeted, feeling two hands cup her cheeks. She flinched at the feeling of Carl pecking her forehead. “Morning, Althea.” he chuckled, sitting up and intertwining their fingers. They got out of bed slowly, walking out to join the others for breakfast.

When they arrived Glenn smirked at the sight of them holding hands then went back to groaning because of his hangover. “Hungover, huh?” Althea giggled softly, sitting down next to Carl as they held hands under the table.
She stared at him the whole time, her heart beating rapidly.

What was this feeling?

Was she sick? Then she realized.

I love you, Carl Grimes

Sksk- such a sweet and long chapter! I'm planning on Althea to try and ignore her feelings for him, but not be able too. She may never confess, maybe her few last moments, yes I'm killing her off at the end, or after they find Sophia!