Chapter 1: The Adoption

"Just sign these papers and he's all yours, Corporal!" A cheery yet saddened woman with long brown hair and amber eyes says to me. I kind of feel bad for her. She's giving up her child to the Survey Corps, and he's under my care. That's just great...

         I sign everything I need to and look at the little brunet. He looks scared almost, kind of like he knows whats going on. I walk over to him cautiously, careful not to frighten the brat even more.

         "Hello Eren, I'm Corporal Levi and I'll be taking care of you from now on." I speak in such a monotoned voice that he backs away from me. Crap.

         "It's okay Eren, you have to go with him," The woman's voice sounds shaky and scared. Did I forget to mention that the woman's name is Carla? Well it is and she's also the brat's mother.

         I pick up the little child and place him on my hip carefully. He tries to get away from me though. I hold him securely and start to walk out.

         "Mama!!!" Eren screams and tries to kick me away. As all this happens I can hear the mother's sobs in the background. But, why does this whole ordeal feel so familiar? Like it's happened to me before? Has it? I ignore my thoughts and hop on my horse placing Eren infront of me.

         "I'll keep you safe Eren, I promise" Then I ride off, careful not to drop the brat. He turns around and hugs me tightly. Does he know what's happening? I'll never know untill he actually learns some English, or French...

          "Levi!" An all too familiar deep voice calls out my name. Erwin.

          "Hello eyebrows..."

          "Did you get the kid?"

          "He's right here you idiot" I dont get what's so special about the brat, but Erwin is dead set on making sure he's in our custody.

          "Good, and you better not hurt him or I swear I will punish you severely."

          "What's so special about him anyways?"

          "His father injected titan DNA in him and now he can shift into a titan, and you're gonna teach him to control it, along with Hanji. Got it?" What the hell? Injected? Who the hell was his dad?

          "Yes. I understand." No I don't, but whatever the cost I need to protect him and teach him. He must not get hurt...

          Erwin rides off, leaving me all alone and confused. At least I havve the brat.

A/N: Hello everyone! This is my first fan fic and I'm writing it by thoughts so I'm sorry if it sucks! And sorry it's so short!