two

y/n walked through the halls, looking for her class. suddenly, she found it. she pulled open the door and all eyes darted towards her.

"hello!" the teacher smiled. "you must be y/n. welcome to fawcett central. i'm mr. salice, your science teacher. take a seat next to... abby."

abby raises her hand and y/n shuffles over to her. they exchanged quick greeting and the lesson resumed.

while mr. salice was rambling, y/n felt eyes on her. she didnt bother looking around the class at first, but now, when she looked to her right at the other table of two kids, freddy was looking right at her.

when he noticed her head turned, he made a silly face. y/n laughed a little at the face freddy pulled.

"whats going on?" mr salice asked. "freddy... dont annoy the new girl!"

everyone laughed at freddy, causing the boy to blush and turn away.

"he wasn't annoying me, sir." y/n smiled.

"that's a first." mr. salice muttered with a grin on his face. "alright! back to class."

class droned on for another 35 minutes all the while y/n and freddy got to know one another. then, the bell rings to move to second period. freddy and y/n continue to talk until 2 tall boys scoop him away.

"freddy?" called y/n.

"hold on, y/n." he laughed while struggling. the two were pushing freddy against the wall, causing him to drop his crutch.

"brett, the girl." bryce said.

brett walked over to y/n and put an arm around her waist. "i don't see why such a pretty girl hangs out with a prick like him. speaking of pretty, why haven't i seen you before?"

"i'm new." y/n replied, quietly.

"well, new chick, you're gorgeous."

"thanks." she chuckled uncomfortably. "anyways, i have to get to class. can you let him go?"

brett looked to bryce and nodded, and instantly freddy was dropped to the ground. his leg gave out so freddy fell to the floor.

"catch you later, chick." brett winked as y/n shot him a small smile.

y/n ran to freddy and helped him up. "are you okay? he got you pretty bad." she motioned to the bruise on his wrist. "are you okay, freds?"

freddy absolutely melted when he heard that. normally, when he heard that, he got so mad- but when she called him that, it didn't seem too bad.

"yeah, i'm okay. thanks, y/n." freddy gushed as she handed him his crutch.

"i'll see you later. i have a study period." y/n sighed.

"okay." freddy smiled. "brett wasn't wrong, by the way. you are beautiful."

her eyes widened.

"see you, gorgeous."

with that, freddy limped away, leaving y/n feeling live the luckiest kid on the planet. someone thought she was gorgeous?

her cheeks reddened as she walked away from freddy and towards the common room. on the way in, she bumped into somebody.

"sorr-"

"watch where you're going." the kid mumbled.

y/n retorted. "excuse me?"

"sorry. i'm not having a good day." he pulled off his beanie. "i'm billy, and so far my first day of school has gone terrible."

"really? it's my first day too. do you want to talk about it? i'm y/n by the way."

billy sighed and sat down at a table. y/n sat across from him and listened intently as he spoke.

"i just got put into another foster home. my new family is kind of crazy, and my new room-mate is even crazier. he's absolutely obsessed with superheroes. he's even got an authentic bullet that hit off of superman!"

y/n's eyes set it. "i think i know him."

"freddy? you know freddy? the dick on a crutch?"

"he's not bad once you get to know him." she sighed, remembering earlier.

billy rolled his eyes. "yes he is."

"he's really sweet."

he laughed. "what, you got a crush on him?"

"no!" her brows furrowed. "i just met the guy. he's cute, and funny, and sweet... and amazing... but i don't have a crush on him."

"i know i just met you, but that sounds like a crush."

y/n groaned. "shut up billy."

"i mean, what about me?" billy smirked. "i'm much better than freddy!"

"oh, come on billy." y/n laughed. "i don't like him or you."

billy sighed. "not yet."

"okay, bet's on!" y/n stood up. "if you get me to like you by the end of the week, i'll go out with you. same goes with freddy."

"that's not fair, you already have a crush on freddy!"

"no one said that."

"you just called him cute and wonderful."

she sighed. "actually i called him amazing, not wonderful. however he is quite the wonder."

"whatever. by the end of this week, we'll be at the park, having a picnic.

"we'll see."

when study hall ended, billy walked her to her next class.

"see you, gorgeous."