Black Roses (Chapter 2)

I got out side and called a cab noticing that if I decided to walk I would be late for work. Getting a cab in New York city is like trying to get a cat to take bath. I had lived here long enough though to know how to get a cab the easy way. I pulled a twenty out of my pocket and waved it at the first cab I saw. He immediately pulled over and I got in with a satisfactory smile on my face.

I told him the address and he sped off. We got there in twenty minute. I paid the man and got out and proceeded in to the building. I work AMP Magazine as a photographer, but I also do a little freelance photography. I love my job. I get to do something I love and meet a ton of famous people. Like today I get to meet Forever the Sickest Kids. I walk in to the lobby and get various greetings from multiple people.

I go to the elevator and go all the way up to the 23rd floor which is the second floor to the top. My office is on the 23rd floor but the studio is on the very top. I got out of the elevator and was once again greeted by my many co-workers. I got a long with them extremely well which is strange because I never used to like people that much, but I guess thats changed. I made it to my office, set my stuff down, threw out my empty coffee cup, and took off my jacket. My office phone started ringing.

"Hello," I said.

"Yes, Miss. Cortez. Your 10:30 is here," She told me. I suddenly felt a rush of butterflies. Forever the Sickest Kids have been like my favorite band since I was in ninth grade. Kyle was always my favorite with amazing platinum blonde hair, and a smile to die for.

"Ok, Thanks. Send 'em up," I told her trying to contain my giggles.

We both hung up and I went to the mirror on my wall just beside the door. I had to make sure I looked presentable. Every thing seemed good. A few minutes later there was a knocking at my door. I turned around only to come face to face with Kyle Burns. I couldn't help but smile. He smiled back. I thought I was going to faint.

"Sorry, we kind of got lost, I guess. We're looking for some guy named Dru Cortez," He said gesturing towards the other boys. I smiled at them too and they smiled back.

"Well, you found her," I exclaimed.

"Oh, your... Oh I'm sorry we didn't think you'd be this... pretty, or girlish," One of the other boy, Caleb, said in an embarrassed, jumbling mess.

"Don't worry about it, it happens all the time. The Dru is short for Drucila. I never really liked the name, it made me feel like a psychotic vampire from the nineteenth century or something like that," I told them. The band chuckled.

"Well, ok then," another one of the other boys, Austin, said, "Are we taking the pictures here, or..." he questioned.

"We have to go up one more floor to the studio," I told them. On that note we all set off towards the elevator. Kyle of course had to be the first one there because he wanted to push the buttons. I giggled at his childishness. We had mindless chatter amongst everyone as we waited for the elevator and on the way up to the studio. When the doors opened we walked in the studio. I went over to my camera to set up. I got it all set up and then explained to the boys how every thing was going to happen.

We finished everything in about an hour. We all went back downstairs to my office. Once there the boys said their good bye and were off. I sat down in my chair and looked at my desk, which contained a big, long, golden box.

I picked it up and shook it. I couldn't hear much which meant it was probably something soft. I opened it up and saw what was inside. I almost threw the box across the room, but I didn't. Just because he was the only one that knew I loved black roses doesn't mean that he sent them. He can't, it's impossible, there's got to be a card, I thought as I shakily searched the box for the card.

I found it at under the flowers.

'I'm back, can't wait to see you again ;)

~Logan

P.S. You won't get away from me this time.

I dropped the box and card. I couldn't believe he got out. I can't believe they let him out. I can't believe he found me. I ran to the hallway and asked any one if they had seen some one go in to my office and leave the box, but no one had. The way it sounded was like it just magically appeared there.

I told my boss that I had a family emergency and had to leave. I wen back to my office got m things and made sure to grab the card just in case. I practically ran out of the building. Once again I waved my money in the air and got cab. I told him the address and I told him to step on it. Once we got to my apartment, I just threw a bunch of money at the driver not caring if it was the right amount or not.

I got inside, said a quick hello to the doorman, and raced towards the elevator. I got to my apartment and went out to the balcony. I zoned out while looking over the city and thinking about how he could have found me. I screamed when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Woah, calm down, it's just me... Are you ok?" Leighton asked. I saw the concern in his eyes.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be," I lied.

"Because, I was calling your name for like 5 minutes and you didn't answer. That only happens when your listening to your Ipod or extremely anxious about something, and your home early," he said.

"It's nothing really, don't worry. I just wasn't feeling that great, and I didn't have anything else planned after my first shoot this morning so I figured why not come home," I told him. It wasn't all a lie, I really wasn't feeling well and I really didn't have anything else to do.

"Right, ok then. Any way, I was thinking, since it's friday, I don't have any plans, you don't have any plans, we should do some thing... together," he asked. I was stunned, was he asking me out?

"Are you asking me out?" I asked him.

"Well... yeah, I guess I am. So what do you say. You wanna hit the town tonight," he asked hopefully.

"Uhh," I was speechless. I managed to find the words but they were barely audible, "Yeah, sure. It sounds fun."

"Awesome," he said. I thought I heard a hint of relief in his voice mixed with extreme excitement.

After he asked me out we started talking about random stuff. Neither of us really had anything to do, and when that happens we usually hang out together. After a bit we decided that it was probably best that we get ready. We said our good byes and hopped over my balcony railing over to his.

I went back inside and up to shower. After I got out I wrapped a towel around myself and went over to my bedroom closet. I decided that I would wear some black skinny jeans, a purple halter top, and my Stilettos. I blow dried and straightened my hair. I did my make up and then proceeded down the stairs. I made sure my phone and money were in my pocket. I never liked carrying my bag around unless I had to. Once I had everything I walked out of the loft and over to Leighton's.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Would I be asking too much if I asked you to comment/ become a fan/ vote for my story? Because if you did I would really appreciate it!!!