03. Persephone's Question List of the Day

Start from the beginning

🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘

I ended up having a free period right when there was lacrosse practice. And since I really didn't want to go into the library just to get looked at like I was Freddie Kruger, and I kid you not, people were looking at me like that all day, I decided to go sit on the cold metal bleachers and watch.

A couple minutes pass before I see Stiles sitting down on the bench in all his lacrosse gear, I was about ready to go down there and say hi but he was talking to a guy. I didn't know his name yet, but I decided to call him Puppy Eyes because when he was walking over to the bench he looked like a sad little puppy that got his chew toy taken away from him.

As I was zoning out looking at random trees, I heard a grunt then looked up to see Stiles getting off the bench and running off toward the couch. What was that about? But before I could even start to question why Stiles ever did something, he came back with a lacrosse stick, but this net was bigger then all the others which made me realize it was a goalie stick. Since he didn't seem to notice me yet I slid down a couple steps so I could hear what they were talking about.

"I told coach you were switching with Danny today." Stiles exclaims excitedly before handing Puppy Eyes the stick. Who was Danny? And why was Puppy Eyes all of a sudden looking even more upset? Man, I really need to catch up on these things.

"But I hate playing goal." Puppy Eyes says to the spaz next to him, looking at him weirdly.

"Remember when I said I had an idea." Stiles stated, raising his eyebrows slightly. "This was the idea." He continues, and makes little hand motions.

"Ohhhhhh." The boy says understandingly while him and Stiles shared a knowing look and Stiles muttering a faint there we go. But when Stiles sits back up after grabbing his gloves, Puppy Eyes turned his head suddenly very confused. "What's the idea?" He asks. I don't even know what they were talking about but even I wanted to face palm myself.

Stiles squinted his eyes at his friend next to him, looking suddenly very disappointed. "I seriously don't understand how you survive without me sometimes." He mutters before not so gracefully standing up as he pushed Puppy Eyes toward the field as the coach blew his whistle.

I tried to stop myself from laughing as all the lacrosse players started running in groups onto the field, and I couldn't stop imagining them as little chickens herding together and running around aimlessly.

God I need help.

Most of the players lined up as Puppy Eyes got into goal as some other random dude got ready to defend. When the whistle blew the player caught the ball and started running, but then Puppy Eyes got out of the goal and ran toward him. I don't play the sport, nor do I remember ever watching it, but even I knew that he wasn't suppose to leave the goal, he was kind of, like, the goalie.

I winced as he tackled the person to the ground, well that didn't go to well. Puppy Eyes quickly got up and helped the other person stand, he slightly leaned his head closer to his shoulder. What the hell was he doing? But he stepped away when the coach blew the whistle and yelled "McCall!" Okay, I hope that's his last name because if it's not that would be really weird, and I already have to deal with Stiles, I don't need to have another awaiting conversation with a parent.

"Usually the goalie stays somewhere within the facinity of the actual goal." The coach tells him, while pointing at where he was suppose to be. "Yes coach." He mumbled before returning to his starting position. The same thing happened again, but I could almost hear the sound of.. sniffing? Why the hell is he sniffing him? What the hell is wrong with the people in this town? Why am I asking so many questions that I'm never going to get the answers to?