03. Persephone's Question List of the Day

Start from the beginning

"Yeah yeah, I get it, you look hot, we already went through this now come on, we are not gonna be late just because of this." The strawberry proclaimed and didn't even bother to glance at the mirror. But I couldn't look away from it. My hands looked rotten in my reflection, but when I brought them up in front of my face they were normal.

What the holy hell was happening.

🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘

"You really don't remember anything?" The girl that goes by the name Allison says to Lydia, and not me, not that I'm complaining. On the way here Lydia was true to her word and we picked up her friend, which may I say was kind of a hell of a lot nicer then Lydia on this very dreadful morning. We exchanged greetings and all, and I could tell that she was really nice by the way she smiled at me when she got into the backseat of Lydia's car, instead of a judging look like I was expecting. But hey, I guess Lydia was running around in the woods too and she was her best friend.

But for some reason my stomach flipped when I saw here and no matter how much I tell myself that she was an amazing person, I just disliked her. Honestly, I think I should be more disliking toward Lydia then Allison, but I guess the heart wants what the heart wants.

"They called it a fugue state, which is basically a way of saying we have no idea why you can't remember running though the woods naked for two days. But, personally, I don't care." Lydia stated while the three of us walked up the school steps. "I lost nine pounds." The strawberry blonde pointed out proudly as she gestured toward her body.

As I stood there awkwardly, letting them have their little best friend moment, I saw Allison smile and laugh a little at how positive Lydia was being. "Are you sure you're ready for this?" Allison asked her best friend.

"Oh please." Lydia says, raising her perfectly shaped eyebrow at the brunette in front of her. "It's not like my aunts a serial killer, nor do I have a mental break down when I look at myself in the mirror." She bluntly says to us before swinging around and opening the school doors while Allison and I just stood there with blank faces processing what she just said to us. But once we gave each other a glance of understanding, then raising our heads tall, we walked in after her.

I almost bumped into the frozen Queen Bee as she stood as still as a statue as every student that was lingering in the hall suddenly stopped what they were doing and stared at us like we just killed their cat. I could literally feel Lydia freaking out and looking all around her with wide eyes and everyone started whispering not so subtly to each other. I think that if I reach out I could grasp the judging looks that were sent our way. Ouch.

Looking toward the left side of Lydia I saw Allison's face contort into a sympathetic one as she rolled her lips into her mouth before she bent down whispering, "Maybe it's the nine pounds."

Those words seemed to have struck a cord of confidence, because the Queen flipped her hair back, before strutting down the hallway like royalty, ignoring all of the stares from her peers. Allison and I smiled to ourselves as our Lydia came back and owned the place as we followed after her, but now most of the stares were now directed onto us. I couldn't faintly hear the whispers.

"I heard she was covered in blood when they found her."

"She just ran into the parking lot like a phycotic before she passed out."

"Yeah, she lost all of her memory, I bet she is a drug addict or something."

"Her aunt killed all those people."

My heart skipped a beat at those words as we suddenly started walking a whole lot faster to get away from these people, and all that was going through my thoughts were if this was just us entering the school, imagine how horrible it's gonna be for the rest of the school day.