Clenching your fists, you raced over to the Third District as quickly as you could, not wanting to take anymore lives than you already had done. 

☆: *.☽ 

You leaned against the door and breathed, hyperventilating. You could not believe how many heartless you had to fight just to make it to the Third District. You didn't want to fight. You were a peacemaker, someone who always wanted to see the good in people, but just when you thought you had finished the last of the Heartless, more would appear. At first, it was fun and games, but now they were all slowly beginning to irk you. Taking your first few steps in the Third District, you were proud of yourself for fighting your way out of the hassle, barely leaving much marks on you. However, often the heartless had managed to strike painful blows to your body. The Third District looked an awful lot like the Second District, only much smaller. It seemed like this area was most definitely used strictly for performances or gatherings, considering the large, open space that lay out before you, just a level lower. There was a large arched doorway to your left, which must have meant an exit. Probably leading to another district.

After having taken a decent look at the district before you, You exhaled and turned around, and found yourself face to face with yet another another group of shadow monsters. You could have fainted right then and there.

"Oh, come on!" You whined.

You spun around on your heel and pulled the doors open again, sliding through the gap back into the Second District. As soon as you turned back around to make a break for it, your eyes grew wide and you gasped in shock. The monsters that you had run away from in the first place were still there. Maybe there was no other way. Maybe you had to continue fighting and taking the violent way out of things. You wished you could mindlessly wander the town peacefully, but the heartless declined. 

You took a deep breath, biting your lip as you sprinted as fast as you could through the group of monsters. You felt their scratchy limbs at you, and jumping through each of them, you managed to pass by them, little to your luck, one had caused a minor cut on your forearm. Maybe it was time to head back to the First District.

As you turned your attention to the pathway in front of you, you narrowed your eyes at another group of monsters that had appeared not ten feet away. You were getting a feeling that you were going to be seeing these creatures a lot more. The shadow monsters leapt forward, their favorite first attack. You exploded into action, swinging the Keyblade first to the right, then to the left as you passed the creatures before you. One vanished in a black flame while the other was knocked to the ground, stunned. You slid to the side and slashed at the stunned one, finishing the job.

You exhaled, leaning on your Keyblade for support as you wiped your forehead. "God, do they ever quit?" 

Deciding not to allow any more of them attack you, You broke for the doorway that led back to the First District. You pushed it open and slid through, immediately spinning around and pushing the door shut behind you. You leaned against the door for a while, catching your breath. The first and only place you found comfort was Cid's shop. You needed a rest, and the hotel was not an option. 

With all the creatures roaming around, a frightful thought danced in your mind. Had the creatures been back at the Hotel? Was Aerith safe? If you had stayed in your room, would you have gotten attacked? 

"Still haven't found him?" Cid asked as you entered the shop, hanging your head sadly. "No.." You said gloomily. 

"Keep your chin up," Cid encouraged, giving you a thumbs up. "Take another look around town."