six.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"So. . .Kairi's home is out there somewhere, right?" Sora questioned, glancing over to Kairi, who sat to his left with a leg over the other. You sat next to Kairi with your leg over the other as well, she had lead both you and Sora to a curvy, banana-like tree where Riku stood, his arms crossed, looking as nonchalant as ever. The sun had set on the beautiful island as those who resided retreated back to their homes, however, many children had stayed outdoors to play with one another and discuss whatever it was they needed to. You watched as two kids in particular walked along the shoreline of the beach, speaking in enthusiastic tones as the four of you sat in silence. 

"Could be." Riku answered, a smirk coloring his face as Kairi dropped the leg that sat over the other. Your hands rested in your lap as you quietly listened to the conversation that had been brewing between the four of you. 

"We'll never know by staying here." 

"But how far could a raft take us?" Sora leaned over so that Riku was in his view. "Who knows? If we have to, we'll think of something else." Riku answered. Part of you wanted to go with them, but you couldn't leave your grandmother here all alone. She had been there for you while your parents were out and about travelling worlds and she meant so much to you. It was you and her against the world, and you wanted to face the outside not on your own, but with someone you cherished. 

"So, suppose you go to another world!" Kairi giggled, "What would you do there?" Riku hummed, "Well, I haven't really thought about it. It's just, i've always wondered why we're here, on this island. If there are any other worlds out there. . .why did we end up on this one?" 

Riku's speech about worlds had begin to get you thinking. He had been making strong points as to why travelling other worlds would be something to look forward to, and you figured even if you wanted to go with them, your grandmother would feel heartbroken and lonesome. She also was very hesitant when it came to travelling other worlds and always tried her best to talk your curious parents out of it. 

But you had to stay. The island was where you belonged and it still amazed you how your friends were so okay with travelling without anyone knowing, without any adult supervision, without seeing their other friends, such as yourself, ever again. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───