The Date - (2)

The Date.

'Come on,' Maddie grins, grabbing my hand and pulling me into her apartment. 'We have so much to do to get you ready!'

I roll my eyes, putting my bags down on her sofa. 'I've already showered before I came over,' I inform her.

She raises an eyebrow at me. 'Did you shave?'

I can't help but roll my eyes at her again as we walk into her bedroom, where Ky and Em are waiting for us. 'Yes, I did,' I reply.

She grins. 'Good! So, if we do all the hair and make-up stuff first, before we put on the dress,' she tells us. 'We've not got a lot of time, so let's get moving.'

I laugh at her business-like manner. 'Chill out, Maddie, it's not that big of a deal,' I say, despite my churning stomach at the thought of what tonight could hold.

'Yes it is!' she yelps, throwing her arms in the air in exasperation. 'Why don't you understand we have to get this right?'

I shrug. 'Whatever. Get on with whatever it is you want to do, then,' I tell her, taking a seat in front of her large mirror.

'Okay,' Em begins. 'Your hair is sort of wavy already, but what I'm going to do is curl it so it looks slightly more controlled, okay?'

I nod, waving my hand at her. 'Yeah, that sounds great. You guys know what you're on about, so just do what you think will work.'

Em takes her time, but once she's finished, it's obvious that the time she took has paid off, because I have to admit my hair looks really good. She grins triumphantly at the final product. 'What do you think?'

I nod, shooting her a smile. 'Yeah, that looks really good! Thank you.'

She's curled my normally wavy hair and made it shiny looking, with extra volume. I have no idea how she's done it, but it looks great either way.

She waves me off, shrugging her shoulders. 'It's cool. Right, Ky, you're doing the make-up right?'

I smile. They insisted that they each did something, and that I sat and did nothing. They're making a huge deal out of me going on this date, so I eventually decided to not say anything about it, and just let them have their fun. It's been ages since they've done this for me.

Ky nods, coming over and talking me through what she's going to do. 'It's going to be quite basic,' she informs me. 'We don't want to cake you in make-up, we just want to keep it quite natural. A bit of eyeliner, mascara and eyeshadow. No foundation. How does that sound?'

'Sounds great,' I agree.

Before she starts, she puts body butter on my face, promising we'll do the rest of my body later. She applies the make-up swiftly and expertly. It's her thing, she's been doing our make-up since the four of us became friends back in high school.

She finishes my make-up, and then Maddie helps me into my dress, insisting I put body butter everywhere else as well. She helps me with accessories, and everything else as well.

It seems to have taken forever, but once we're done, the effort has clearly paid off, because I don't look all that bad.

The grey dress hugs my body, emphasising my curves in a complimenting manner. My make-up goes really well with it, too. I pair the dress with a black leather jacket and black strappy heels.

The girls grin at me. 'See!' Em cries. 'You look gorgeous.'

I laugh. 'Thank you guys so much for this,' I say, glancing at the clock. It's almost seven, so he should be arriving soon.