[Tobias] Chapter 3

Staying away was always easier said that done. My father had always warned me that a cat chasing curiosity would always end up dead. But she was becoming a dangerous drug that I needed to survive on this cold planet called Earth. I hadn't meant for her to see my face or to even save her from that monster, but the thought of someone ravaging her for their own pleasure made my stomach cramp, a feeling that troubled my unnatural existence.

I was following her now. Stalking her like a predator would some weak prey, I groaned at my own words. She was neither my prey nor was she weak, she held her head up with such confidence and walked with some a gorgeous stride. She was no super model, but she was gorgeous and completely sure in herself. That was the most attractive thing a girl could ever have. Confidence.

I shook the thoughts from my head and continued to follow her to her first class. She glanced over her shoulder quickly when her eyes met mine I could not turn away. I couldn't flinch the hard gaze I was using away from her and she noticed. She picked up her pace, hurrying across the street. It was no trouble for me, I followed her with ease. She stopped dead in her tracks, came marching over to me, and stopped at my feet.

"Look, I don't know what the hell you want, but I want you to stop stalking me. Thanks for saving me from that guy, but if you don't leave me alone I'll call the police."

I couldn't help a smile from appearing at my lips. She sounded adorable when she was nervous. I shrugged my shoulders deeply, "call them if you must."

"Leave me alone," she growled.

"If I'm not mistaken, beg my pardon if I am, but you're the one who came over to me."

"That's it," she pulled out her phone and began to dial the emergency number. I could feel anger growing in my bones and I shut the phone off without even touching it.

"It's best you not test me," I grabbed her arm, flipping her around so she was once again facing me, "I am dangerous calm and lethal mad."

"What do you even want with me? I don't have any money if you kidnap me, or murder me."

"Why would I do such a horrible thing? I don't want to end your human life because I know what you'll go home to."

"What are you talking about?"

"Nothing, I have to go," I turned quickly on my heels and started to walk away.

"You can't leave without telling me your name stalker!"

"I can and I will," I responded loudly and drily. I continued walking quickly until I was far enough for her. I could still see her standing in the middle of the sidewalk. I shook my head and muffled a laugh. I growled at myself for even wanting to laugh, there was no pleasure in life.

Author's Note

This chapter took me a very long time because I couldn't decide on Tobias's point of view or not, but I finally decided yes. Also, Tobias is not a vampire or werewolf. He's another supernatural creature and you'll get brownie points if you can guess what he is. Vote, follow, and comment. Thank you so much.