He asked Sunny if he could leave the school on saturday (she was more likely to accept than Tsunami).

A few days later, he was flying to Possibility. He reached the entrance when Peril had almost killed him, not so long ago, and he shuddered at the thought.

The section where the Icewings lived were at the other end of Possibility.

Soon, he saw the Ice spark cafe's silver and red sign. He landed, pushed the door open and walked in his favourite place of all the town.

The inside was decorated in Skywing and Icewing theme.

The tables were sculpted in stone, with small rubies echasted in them. On the blue-white wall, the Icewing's ranking was recreated, but it was ranking the food instead of the dragons.

Not far from there were a sculpture of the tree of light, and, behind it, the counter.

On one of the table of the second story, he saw a familiar black-freckled face.

"Lynx!" he shouted, his heart filling with happiness for the first time since Valentine's day

"Winter! How are you?", she asked.

"Better, I guess, since you're here!", he smiled.

"So, what do you want to do today?", he asked her.

"My parents gave me some money, so we can eat lunch here, then we could go shopping", Lynx suggested.

"That's fine with me"

A few minutes later, Dawn, a Skywing-Icewing hybrid, the founder of the café, gave them the menu.

"We have something new. We call it ice-cream, and it's first in the ranking. Would you like to try it?", she said.

"Sure!", Lynx answered.

"Okay, so, two ice-creams. Perfect! I'll bring it to you in a few seconds!"

Dawn walked away, her pale-red, almost pink wings swarming behind her.

Their order arrived soon.

"Yum! It's delicious!", Lynx tasted it first.

She took a spoonfull, but frowned. "It feels like my brain is FREEZING!"

Winter laughed, then tasted the ice-cream too.

They left the Ice spark café and walked down the street.

Lynx stopped in front of a small stand selling furs.

"Wow, Winter, look! It's just like me!", she said as she draped lynx fur across her shoulders.

"What do you think? Does it look good on me?", she asked him.

"It matches your freckles", he started. "Yeah, it's cute" Winter's cheeks turned dark blue when he realised what he just said.

She blushed too. "Aww! Thanks!
I think I'll buy it".

A couple of minutes later, Winter and Lynx left the stand, Lynx wearing her new fur.

Next, the two friends stopped in front of a jewelry store. Lynx took is talon in hers and led him inside.

"Look at that pair of earrings! They're beautiful!" The Icewing was looking at silver earrings with a diamond in the center.

Winter didn't answered. His mind was focused on his talon she still held in hers.

He'd bever felt anything like that before. With Moon, it was always akward when he was around her, the swelling in his chest was too strong.

With Lynx, everything was easier. He could be himself, he didn't have to worry about being with a dragon from another tribe or anything.

Lynx made him feel better. More free. She understood him. She made him laugh too, and he liked that.

"Winter?" she snapped her claws in front of him.

"Huh?! Sorry, I was... thinking. "

"The earrings are too expensive, I'll check if they have something else, which would fit into my budget"

"Sure. I'll see if I can find something for me.", Winter told her.

An idea had formed in his mind. He was going to buy the earrings she wanted. He had plenty of money to spend, after all.

He went to the counter and paid, then hid the small box in his pouch, beside Turtle's skyfire.

"Did you find anything?", he asked Lynx.

"No, and you?"

"Nothing", he lied.

The rest of the day was amazing. The two Icewings were wandering in the streets, sometimes stopping to a stand to try new food.

Once, Lynx dared Winter to eat a grilled lizard, and it was absolutly horrible. He almost wanted to claw his tongue off.

The sun was setting, and it was time for Lynx to go back to her aunt's house. They walked down the streets until they reached a small blue house.

Lynx sighed. "We're here."

She went up the stairs leading to the white door. Lynx opened it, and, before she could vanish inside the house, Winter took her front talon in his.

What in the world are you doing Winter, he thought. Still, he took a deep breath and pulled the little box with the earrings from his pouch.

"Here, I bought these for you", he said, nervous, his voice shaking a little.

"Oh!" Lynx covered her mouth with her talon. "You actually bought them! You didn't had to!"

"It was my pleasure".

It was only now Winter realised he was still holding her talon. She seemed to notice too, but instead of pulling away, she took his other talon in hers.

Then, she walked down the stairs. Lynx let go of his talons, then swung her arms around Winter's neck and kissed him.

The ice around his heart melted, and he kissed her back.

He hugged her, wrapping her in his wings, and rested his head on top of hers.

She pulled away, stars shining in her eyes. "I have to go." sadness clouded her beautiful deep blue gaze. "Goodbye, Winter. Take care and write to me, okay?"

"I swear I will try", he said, his heart hurting from their too-short kiss under the stars.