painful but useful torment.

As alphys set up the extractor, sans was preping me for going in. "H-how bad is it gonna hurt?" I asked, scared of pain. I had a good reason too, after all the damage I've been taking. "I'm numbing your body so not a whole lot of pain, but your soul is gonna feel some pain too, but your health is completely full, 20/20 health, so you should be good." Sans explained. I gulped, welp, better to do it now and get it over with. Alphys came in saying the extractor was finished and ready to run when I was ready. Sans did a final check on me then lead me to the extractor. I stepped inside and got hooked up, the next thing I knew, I felt an extreme pain! But not from my body, from my soul, I bit my lip to keep from yelling out in pain, but eventually, I grew used to the pain. Once alphys got enough determination from my soul, she turned off the extractor and let me out, I wobbled out and tripped, almost falling flat on my face if sans hadn't caught me. I blushed, holding onto him like my life depended on it, he picked me up bridal style and went to a guest bedroom. He set me in the bed and told me to get some rest. I nodded before I soon fell asleep. I woke up three hours later and got up, wondering out of the room and to where sans and alphys were already testing the human souls to see if they can still be stabilized after splitting in two. I looked to the left and saw chara!! Man, these two work fast!! I walked over to chara and gave her a hug. "Welcome back to the living chara! How does it feel to be alive again?" I asked her cheerfully. "It's good to be alive, I just hope the second part of your idea is A, doable, and B, able to work for azzy." She said smiling up at me. I smiled back and turned to look at the two monsters behind me. Alphys was using a machine to stabilize the soul while splitting it into two halves. I watched as the soul slowing split apart. Now to see if it survives. Alphys quickly took the two half souls and ran to one of the amalgamates, they looked confused for two seconds, before letting alphys do her thing. She quickly put one half one the soul into one of them, making them more stabilized than before, and she did the same to another. It looked doable, and like it works. Now all we need to do is find flowery so we can do this and break the barrier quickly. "I-its works!! Humans c-can split th-their s-soul in t-two! N-now a-all W-We n-need is th-the p-prince and W-We can b-be f-free from the u-underground!!" Alphys shouted excitedly. Sans seemed relieved that it worked. I sighed, knowing that this was the extremely painful part of my idea, but I recovered from the last one, so I should recover from this as well. Sans teleported somewhere then came back with flowery in two seconds flat!! "Put me down you smiling trash bag!!" Flowery yelled at sans, while he was in a pot. Chara walked over and took flowery, then set him on the counter and explained what was going on. Flowery, at first, was shocked to see chara, but went back to his usual prince self before he was a flower. I sat down where the machine was to let alphys see my soul. Once she hooked up my soul, I prepared myself for the pain that was about to happen. Slowly, alphys turned on the machine, once it started up, I screamed in pain. It hurt, a LOT!!!!! I tried to quiet down my screams but it was too painful!! Suddenly, sans wrapped his arms around me, gently whispering soothing thoughts in my ear. "Shhh, it's going tibia all right, try to clam down, it'll be over soon." He gently whispered soothing things and puns into my ear until my soul was fully split in half, which alphys quickly turned off the machine, then gave me half of my soul, and half to flowery. There was a bright light and then, where flowery once was, the was just a flower, an ordinary flower. We thought it didn't work for a minute until we heard a squeak from behind us. "I-i'm back to being a normal monster!!! Oh thank you thank you thank you crescent!! I can feel again!! I'm so happy right now!!!" We all turned to see Asriel standing in the middle of the room crying tears of joy. Chara jumped off her chair and ran over to him, giving azzy a big hug. I smiled, still tired from my soul being split in half. "Let's let you both rest for awhile before we go break the barrier, you've both had a long day, especially you crescent, you need it the most." Sans said gently to both of us, but more to me at the end. I blushed again at his gentleness, nodding up at him before I felt him pick me up and then I fell asleep in his arms, my heart bumping rapidly.

~sans pov~

I noticed that right after I picked crescent up bridal style, she immediately fell asleep. I wouldn't blame her, her soul was just split in half and her determination was extracted all today. Welp, she must be stronger than she looks. I walk into the guest room that crescent's been sleeping in and put her down, pulling the covers over her to keep her warm. Just as I turned around I felt something tug on my sleeve. I turned to crescent who looked half awake half asleep. "P-please don't go, sans, stay." She said in a really tired voice. I blushed a blue hue, but I stayed, laying down beside her and pulling her to my chest. I heard her breath soften, and in an instant, she was asleep. I looked at her, she looked really beautiful in her sleep. There's no doubt now that I have a crush on her, and I've seen her blush around me, so I guess she has a crush on me too. When we get to the surface I'll confess to her, I just hope she accepts me as I am.