Chapter 6

"Something very strange is happening, Luna," said Princess Celestia, urgently, watching the sun drop like a stone and be replaced with the moon, "I can't get control of the sun. It's like there is something else moving it!"

"Let me help," urged Princess Luna, trotting over.

She lit up her horn with her night magic, as Celestia did so with her day magic. She tried desperately to lower the moon, and Celestia cringed in pain as she tried to raise the sun, but it was no use. There seemed to be some kind of other magic that was too powerful for even the two princesses to break through. Sweat ran down Luna's brow, and then her legs gave way and she crumpled to the floor before Celestia caught her.

"I am sorry, my dear sister," moaned Luna, wiping the sweat from her brow, "I cannot seem to gain control. This magic is too strong, even for us."

"I sense that trouble is coming," said Celestia, as she and Luna headed away from the window, and over to their thrones, where Princess Cadance was sitting.

"What should we do?" asked Cadance.

There was suddenly a flash of light from outside the throne room, and the doors opened. Princess Twilight Sparkle strode into the room with her eyes closed and a very relaxed expression on her face.

"Hello there, princesses," said Twilight, striding along the red carpet towards the throne.

"Twilight!" said Cadance, in delight, "It's wonderful to see you!"

"I'm so glad you're here," said Celestia, stepping up from her throne and up to Twilight, "I do not know yet what it is, but we have sensed a threat to Equestria, and I fear that we are going to need all the help we can get."

"Help?" said Twilight, softly, "Oh, yes. You'll be needing PLENTY of that!"

Her eyes snapped open, revealing lurid yellow sclera with blood-red pupils!

The three princesses gasped and automatically stepped back!

Twilight's face twisted into a malevolent grin! She unfolded her wings and rose up into the air, then jammed her hoof at the princesses and yanked it back, yanking the princesses through the air towards her!

"Twilight, what are you—"

"Did you really think I would just let you three keep Equestria as the peaceful and harmonious place it is today?" purred Twilight, her face practically touching Celestia's.

"What?" exclaimed Celestia!

"I am going to take what is rightfully mine!" Twilight declared, "And there is nothing you can do about it!"

She hurled the princesses against the back of their thrones, and channelled her magic! There was a loud, booming sound of stone breaking, and the room around them began to shake, as the Canterlot castle began to tear out of the ground!

"Twilight, what are you doing!?" exclaimed Cadance, "What's wrong with your eyes!?"

Twilight's only reply was a devilish cackle! Magic glowed around her hooves, and the castle ripped from the ground and started to rotate in mid air!

"Bwahahahahahah!" laughed Twilight, as the castle continued to rotate, the stained glass windows smashing up, "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The princesses' eyes widened in horror!

...

Discord's eyelids moved, and his eyes slowly opened. The land around looked even more chaotic than it had before. In fact, it was even more chaotic than the original Chaos Capital of the World. He found that rather insulting, actually.