CH. 2 GRAYSON

I've been up the whole night brainstorming, on what you ask? On literally nothing. My head has been full of thoughts these past few weeks.. OH well maybe it's because my dad died 4 months ago, hmm that's probably why. My mom has been struggling a lot ever since he died, that's why I've been listening to her. Not that I wasn't, I just did some not listening stuff like every teenager, but cut me some slack here.

As I turn off my alarm clock, I get a used, probably not washed for the past 3 weeks t-shirt and some what a decent looking jeans for my first day of 10th grade. I'm telling you I cannot wait until I finish High school. As I go downstairs, I see my mom on the table with a cigarette in her fingers looking down at the table filled with unpaid bills. Also a reason why I can't wait to finish school is to help my mom pay the bills so we can keep the house. For now the 10 dollars an Hour I make for my part-time job should be OK but I want to do more for her. I eat breakfast as fast as I can because I lost track of time helping my mom sort out the bills and find her pack of cigarettes to throw out, because it's bad for you. "You know, gray, you're a great kid." says my mom "No, I'm not." I say back. She starts tearing up "You know gray, ever since your father die-" "OK I don't have the time to talk about that right now." I say, cutting her off. "Bu-" "Bye mom, see you tonight, I'll come back at around 7." I walk out of the house with my skateboard in my hand and my moms' pack of cigarettes.

As I walk out of my house and into the road, I see this cute girl in the car of her friend- Wait, is that Izzie? Oh my god, I haven't seen her in forever. But the other girl looks kinda hot not gonna lie. We make eye contact but then she gets distracted with her friends blasting music in her car. Damn, that music's loud. I bet she just woke up the whole neighborhood.. But, I really hope she goes to my school so that I could talk to her and practice my flirting because the whole summer I've been busy working to help my mom so I couldn't really go to parties, flirt with girls and get drunk with my friends. Hopefully, my flirting game is still there, if not, then it's going to be a bumpy ride my friend.

As I snap out of my zone, I hear someone calling me name. Oh no, Izzie saw me. She keeps on calling me. I finally have my confidence to go there.