11.) February 2nd

Start from the beginning

"It is." She spoke looking around.

"I'm here now though... how's Bryson treating you?" He asked and she looked over at him with a weird look.

"Since when do you care about him? You can't stand him."

"I just wanna make sure he's treating you right that's all Zuri."

"Renae." She corrected. "Damn, I can't call you that now?" He asked and she ignored him.

"Where we going?" She asked.

"Just for a walk, can I do that?"

Rolling her eyes, she took a deep breath trying to put her pride to the side.

Once they approached the road, they waited for the traffic to clear before they crossed the street.

"Are you hungry?" He asked pulling out the wad of cash.

"No I'm ok." She answered as they headed towards the Big Lots and Farm Fresh area.

"Well how about we go into Big Lots and test out their furniture?" He suggested.

"Ok." She mumbled.

She wanted a relationship with him but the pain he left with her just wouldn't allow her to open up with him so easily.

"Is there any little niggas trying to get at you?" He asked and she just shook her head.

"Not thinking about that." She replied and he stared at her for a moment.

"You gay?" He asked causing her to stop walking.

"Because I'm not hoeing around or dating a guy I'm gay?" She quizzed and he laughed holding his hands up.

"Nah, just a genuine question. Don't forget you used to dress like a tomboy."

"Because I love the ninety's but you don't seem to remember that." She spat walking ahead of him.

"Shit." He mumbled chasing after her.

"Come on Nae... just talk to me."

"It's Renae, you don't get to call me what everyone else does." She glared and he gave her a funny look then nodded slowly.

"How long do you plan on holding this grudge?" He asked standing in front of her.

"Until you actually be there for me. You're never around, I feel bad for calling Bryson "dad" because of you. This is a game to you and I'm tired of it." She stressed walking around him.

"Wait a minute." He spoke jogging up behind her and grabbed her hand.

Snatching away, she pushed him back.

"Don't touch me... I'm only tolerating you because it's your freaking birthday." She said then walked over towards the Big Lots.