Prussia

"Okay! Gilbert! Come here!" you called to your one and only child, Gilbert.

                "Ja" he had replied when you came into his sight.

                "Do you wanna play a game?"

                "Vhat is zhe game?"

                "I don't know, what do you want to play?" you asked the half-asleep albino.

                "Vell, as much as I vould vant to go back to mein nap, I'd like to play catch, too."

                "Hmm, good idea. It's nice out, but it's been raining all week, and the ground is muddy. You might get hurt."        

                "Mom?"

                "Ja?"

                "Can ve go to a restaurant? I'm hungry."

                "Where do you wanna go?"

                "Mmm. Let's see..." he trailed off as he thought. "Vhat's zhat ein place zhat Alvred likes to go to?"

                "McDonald's."

                "Ja! Can ve go zhere?"

                "Okay. Get dressed and get your shoes on."

                -15 minutes later-

                You two had gotten to the restaurant, and ate, then left. You had brought extra money so you could get groceries. So, now, you were at Wal-Mart, and were in the snack aisle.

                "Mutti?"

                "Yes, Gilbert?"

                "Can ve get zhis?" he asked, pointing to a box of Nutty Bars. 

                "Ja. Let's get drei boxes." you replied, holding up three fingers. Gilbert grabbed three boxes and put them in the cart.

                -2 and 1/2 hours later-

                After almost three hours of getting things you need, you were finally at a check out.  Gilbert had his red eyes on some candy.

                "Go ahead Gilbert. Get a candy bar." you said. But, instead of getting one candy bar, he had grabbed two. One was a (Fav. Candy bar), the other was his favorite.

                "Who's the other one for, Gil?"

                "Vell, it's for mein mutti." he said, looking up at you with a smile. You smiled back.

                -15 minutes later-

                You were back at home, putting groceries away, when suddenly, Gilbert appeared. He set something on the counter, then ran off. You looked at what was on the counter. 

                "For mein awesome mutti Love, the awesome son of yours, Gilbert" was all it said on the tag. 'A gift.' You then proceeded to open it carefully. Inside was a locket. The locket opened to reveal three frames. One said 'yesterday' with a picture of a new-born Gilbert. The second frame said 'Today' with a picture of Gil you had recently took. The third frame said 'Tomorrow', with no picture. You felt like crying tears of joy. You heard shuffling behind you, so naturally, you looked. There stood Gilbert, with a smile on his face.

                "An awesome mutti deserves an awesome present." he said with a light blush forming on his cheeks. You hugged him.

                "Danke, Gil. Danke." you said happily. He hugged back.

                "My mutti is awesome." 

                              BONUS ENDING~ 

                   -Mother's day, 11 years later-

       Every year, Gilbert had done something special for you on Mother's day. Even when he moved out, he sent you presents. Today, he wanted to visit you, so he stood in front of the door. 'Here goes nozhing.' He knocked. You opened the door, and your face lit up like a Christmas tree. No words were spoken, you just hugged him for a few minutes.

                "Mutti, who's at zhe door?" Ludwig asked from behind you.

                "BRUDER!" Gilbert had shouted and tackled his younger brother in a bear hug.

                "G-gilbert?!"

                "Ja!" This was one of the best days of your life.

________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey! I hope you enjoyed this! BTW, in the beginning, Gilbert is 9. Ludwig was at his dad's that day.

GUIDE:

Mutti= Mom

Ja= Yes

Ein= One [IDK how to spell it.]

Drei= Three [^]

Bruder= Brother