It takes me a second to pick up on what he meant by privacy but when I did I couldn't help but slap his arm and turn a darker shade of red.

Lucas freezes mid step, causing me to stop with him. What happened?

"Did. Did you just slap me?"

Crap. He is going to be angry and lock me in a cell.

My breathing starts to become erratic. All the possible scenarios fly through my head at an alarming rate. My heart beats faster and faster till I think it's going to fall out of my chest.

My ears fill with a deafening sound, filling my head till it's full. I can't feel the tingles on my hand anymore or contact Kenna and that's when I realize what's happening.

A panic attack.

The first panic attack I have had sense meeting Lucas.

Lucas.

His name alone starts to calm me down. Tingles shoot up my arms and face as the seconds tick by.

When my head starts to clear so does my vision and all I'm met with is a bare chest. Lucas' bare chest. His hands cradling my head to his chest, trying to free me from the mental prison I had created in only a few seconds.

My heart slows and my breathing calms the longer we stand, pressed together.

When did he take his shirt off?

How did he know this would calm me down?

Is he not mad at me for hitting him?

Is everything okay?

The questions run through my head at an alarming rate and I don't realize I had spoken out loud till a soft vibration shutters through my body.

"I'm not mad. I didn't know me holding you would work but I had to do something. I thought the skin to skin contact would help, which it did. You also are wearing my shirt, cause I thought maybe being around my scent would help. Everything is okay. Everything is okay. You are okay. We are okay."

"I'm okay."

"Yes baby. You are okay. I got you."

We just stood there. Lucas holding me to his chest, supporting me. That's when I realize he has become my rock. In just a short few days I realized he has become my anchor to this world, the one I know I can trust no matter what.

The weight of this realization hits me hard and the added exhaustion from the attack decide to take their toll and my legs give out from underneath me. If it wasn't for Lucas' arms I would have fallen onto the forest floor.

"Can you carry me back to the house? I'm tired."

As soon as the word tired passed my lips a small yawn followed.

"Of course my queen. Your wish is my command."

He scooped me into his arms and started the walk back to our house. His house.

"Our house."

Crap I said that allowed. Now I'm embarrassed.

"I thought we talked about this. No need to ever feel embarrassed around me."

Crap I said that out loud too.

"Still are princess."

Crap.

"Stop saying that. I don't like it."

"Sorry."

I know I said that out loud.

"I'm glad you know that baby girl. You are too adorable."

Cr-

"No. Don't say it."

I can't help but turn crimson and hid my face in Lucas' chest, causing him to chuckle.

When we get back to the house Lucas carries me up to our room and helps me get an outfit out of the closet. One of his t-shirts and boxers.

"Your clothes will be here sometime tomorrow. Now let's get you something to eat."

He picks me up again and I can't help the squeal I make.

When we enter the kitchen I can't help but let my jaw fall to the floor.

Beautiful grey and white marble countertops with smoke colored cabinets meet my eyes. The island has a sink and four barstool chairs. Stainless steel appliances and three crystal lights also bless my eyes.

I squirm to get out of Lucas hold, desperate to cook in this amazing kitchen.

Falling out of his arms, I race to the fridge, curiosity getting the best of me as I throw open the doors. Food fills the shelves. Fruits, vegetables, and carbs abundant.

The smile on my face must be contagious because once I'm done running around the kitchen, touching everything, I look at Lucas who also has a smile adorning his face.

"I didn't know you enjoyed cooking. If I had known, I would have brought you in here earlier."

"It was one of the only chores I enjoyed at my old pack. I cooked all the meals and I got really good. I learned how to cook and bake when was six."

Lucas just stares at me. Conflicting emotions dancing across his eyes and face. They passed so quickly I could only catch a few. Adoration and sadness.

"Can I cook? I can make us mac and cheese?"

He still just stared at me.

"Lucas? Hello? Earth to King Lucas."

"I'm sorry princess. Sure, mac and cheese sounds good. Can I help?"

"Yeah sure, but I must warn you. I'm really bossy in the kitchen. You do things my way or no dinner."

"You did it again. You used your Luna voice."

"I did?"

"Yes princess. Yes I will listen to you in the kitchen."

"Okay then. Let's get started."

For the next thirty minutes Lucas and I work side by side in the kitchen to make homemade mac and cheese. To say that I was happy was an understatement.

I hope things can stay this way forever.

Me too girl!

Just as we sit down to eat, the front door is open and in walks the King and Queen.

I'm frozen in my chair, staring at the past wolf royalties. The looks on their faces are indescribable.

Lucas wraps his arm around my waist just as I send a simple prayer upwards.

Please Moon Goddess let them like me.

Thank you so much!! Almost 300 reads!!! This means the world to me! If you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to comment and vote!

Also I had a question-

Who is your favorite character so far?