The Trip - Jisung Han

Start from the beginning

"Hey." You say as you open the door for Jisung to come in.

"Hey." His mouth morphs into a gigantic grin.

"So what's your reason for not going swimming?" You ask, coming to sit down on the bed beside Jisung.

"Uh.." He blinks, and fiddles with his hands before shrugging. "We went swimming yesterday, so I just kinda didn't feel like it. Plus, there's so many people. I do better in smaller groups. And I'd rather spend time with you anyway." He lets out a quiet laugh.

You ignore the gentle flip of your heart.

"Me too."

You then lay down, head resting gently on the bed's pillow.

"Can I lay down too?" Jisung points to the empty spot beside you.

"Of course."

He lays down, head resting against your shoulder, his knee touching yours.

"This is nice." Jisung mumbles.

"Mm." A hum escapes your throat.

"Oh!" Jisung suddenly exclaims excitedly. "I have a story to tell you about what me and Felix did yesterday while on the trails!"

You two lay on the bed for quiet a while, as Jisung proceeds to tell the various stories he remembers of his times with Felix or Hyunjin, arms in the air as he uses them to create shapes and make the stories come to life. You laugh and joke with him, completely engrossed with what he has to say, as Jisung is very good at making anything sound interesting.

You almost don't notice your phone vibrate beside you.

"Oh," you say, making Jisung pause with his storytelling, "my roommates are going to be back in the next 10-15 minutes. They're gonna get changed and then grab some hot chocolate. They're wondering if we want some."

"We?"

You blink. "Uh, I guess that since they didn't see you swimming with everyone else they just assumed you'd be here with me?"

Jisung bites his lip, a sign of unsureness. "I'm good I think. I can get some on the way back to my room if I change my mind."

You nod, quickly texting your friends, before prompting Jisung to finish what he was saying.

Give or take five minutes, and Jisung has completed the story, but now he's sitting upright, looking at his hands that are fidgeting in his lap.

"Actually-" He takes a deep breath, "I had something else to tell you too."

He looks up to catch your eyes, before quickly looking down and continuing his thought.

"You probably already know what I'm going to say, so I don't know if that makes this better or worse, but you remember last night, when we were playing truth or dare? Well, I mean you weren't, but I was? With everyone else? Yeah, so...yeah basically I like you. Like, I like like you. Like a lot. For like a long time. We've been friends for a couple years, it's been kinda hard not too, especially with how close we've gotten. Frick, this is gonna be so awkward if you don't like me back. I-"

You keep your mouth shut, hoping Jisung will finish his cute little speech, however, he chooses to get up and walk towards the door instead.

"This was probably really awkward for you, I'm sorry, I'll just go before your friends get back." He laughs a little and gives you a nervous smile, before he reaches for the door handle.

"Jisung-" You stop your thought, sitting up on the bed.

He doesn't turn around to look at you, but he doesn't make any attempts to leave either.

You laugh. "You can't just leave after saying all that."

He glances at you, questions and nervousness clear in his eyes.

"Come back here." Your hand beckons him closer, as you attempt to push the nerves back into your stomach.

He comes over slightly, clearly a little worried about what you're going to say, as he chooses to look at your knees instead of your face.

You gently take his hand in yours, causing him to inhale a breath and look at you with big eyes.

"I like you too, you know. Like a lot. For like a long time." You smile, copying his words from before.

Jisung bites his lip, a smile creeping onto his face even though he's trying to hide it, his thumbs rubbing circles onto the backs of your hands.

"For real?" He asks quietly.

You nod, somehow still nervous even though you know the feeling's mutual.

"Oh." He lets out a happy little breath. "That's good."

A knock on the door interrupts you two.

Jisung answers it, your roommates not surprisingly being the ones on the other side.

"Here's some hot chocolate." They say, giving Jisung two cups. "We figured Jisung'd still be here when we came back, so we brought one for you anyway. We'll hang out in one of the other girl's rooms until we have to have lights out." They smile and then leave, letting Jisung have to figure out how to close the door while his hands are full.

"Guess I'll have some hot chocolate." He chuckles, sitting back on the bed beside you. He takes a sip before his eyebrows crinkle together. "How did they know that I'd be here?"

"Well we are leaving at eight in the morning tomorrow, and since you weren't swimming, I guess it only makes sense that they'd assume you had to go tell your crush that you like them."

He chuckles, "But was I really that obvious about who I liked?"

You laugh, "I don't know, don't ask me."

Your phone vibrates.

Nutcase:

You having a good time with Jisung,

or-?

You:

Hmm, you trying to imply

something?

Nutcase:

We both know what I'm not

saying. Remember last night?

You:

Yeah, yeah

He confessed

I did too

Nutcase:

Jslkfjslkdfjskl

Yay!!!!

You roll your eyes. "Yeah, they were all expecting this to happen."

"Oh." Jisung laughs awkwardly, placing his now-empty paper cup on the nightstand. "Can- can we lay down now?"

You finish off the drink in your hand, and then you lay down, Jisung right beside you, his head back on your shoulder.

But this time there's a hand in Jisung's hair, an arm curling around your middle, and a contented smile on both your faces.

Actions