Epilogue

Fourteen months later

Forks, Washington

 Sarah watched from the window as more vampires left. It was a little sad, since she had made new friends among these people, but also a relief, because it meant the Volturi crisis was over, and Renesmee Cullen was safe, the little girl whom she had become Aunt Sarah to. 

 "Hey." Esme stepped up and wrapped an arm around her. "I know. Sad to see everyone go, but relieved it's all over." 

 Sarah nodded. "Yeah, that's pretty much it. Well, the Volturi are gone and Renesmee's safe, so there's really no point in everyone sticking around. I'm sure they all have things to get back to. But I think they would all come back if we needed them again." 

 "I think so, too," Esme agreed. "So, you still don't regret ever coming to Forks, huh? I remember the first time I asked you, and you weren't sure about it." 

 "Well, I never had a permanent home like this, not in all my years as a vampire. That was only when I met you. And no, Esme, I could never regret coming here with you. I love you." 

 Esme smiled. "And I love you. I'll never regret meeting you." 

 Sarah smiled back. "And I'll never regret meeting you." 

 They kissed back, and Sarah felt all of the joy and warmth she had been missing for a long time. Now a peaceful calm would be coming over the Cullen family, and Sarah was all for it. She couldn't wait for the next chapter to begin.