Chapter 44: Door to Humiliation

Start from the beginning

"Of course! This place is a passage between the north and the south where merchants gather here and cross flow of goods are conducted here. It'd be amazing if this place isn't bustling with people!" Sang Hong followed and lamented.

"Master Sang, where should we head to?" Parking itself at a secluded corner, the coachman turned and asked.

"Oh, to the Shi household." Sang Hong quickly answered.

"The Shi household? Which Shi household?" The coachman spoke a little impatiently. There were countless number of people under the sky surnamed Shi, so how could they answer with just that? The Sang family seemed sensible enough to not have responded so foolishly!

However, that was not the case because Sang Hong felt that since the Shi family had such a huge influence in Qingzhou, telling the coachman just that would have been enough. Before hiring the carriage, he had already understood that the coachman ran his business between the town and Qingzhou and thus concluded that he should be extremely familiar with the city.

But because of how commonly the family was dressed, the coachman had never thought that the Shi family they were actually visiting was the Shi family famed to be the richest in Qingzhou.

As such, Sang Hong conveniently responded, "That is the richest Shi family in Qingzhou, the one located somewhere around the Qingxi Avenue..."

"You want to go to the house of the Shi family's household, the one richest in Qingzhou?" The coachman's eyes widened.

"Yes," Sang Hong nodded embarrassedly with a smile.

"Oh, I understand then!" The coachman nodded. They might be relatives of one of the Shi household's servants, and so the carriage continued on its route without a word.

The coachman drove the carriage away from the bustling area and turned into a quiet path which led to the Qingxi Avenue. Upon reaching the end, the carriage took another turn and followed the pebbled ground before arriving in front of a towering gate where on each side, left and right, sat two stone lions. The carriage halted and Sang Hong, together with Fang Shi, carried the children and the gifts down.

REPORT AD

Looking at the broad gate and the mighty lions at the sides, the forest of pagoda trees, and the two large eaves doors with carvings; the sight in itself revealed an infinite amount of wealth. The doors were wide opened which exposed a giant marble carving surrounded by luxuriant trees and flowers. With a hand holding onto their children, the two Sang members took their steps through the gate.

"The Shi family truly is the richest in Qingzhou. Just look at all these around us! No joke at all! That gate there, it may even be bigger than our house!" Fang Shi could not help but pulled on her skirt as she whispered softly.

That usual boldness and straightforwardness, upon seeing the wealth of the Shi family, was immediately kept within her and she became somewhat timid.

"Of course!" Sang Hong also gave a sigh. He could not help but think, with such a huge difference between the Sang and Shi family, how would Ah Wan's life here be like; and also how was she usually treated like in here? Others claimed that the Sang family was trying to climb a branch higher than they could reach and would look at them with envy, but had anyone ever thought of the difficulties his younger sister had to face?

Sang Hong arranged his clothes neatly and gave a glance at Fang Shi before instructing his two children to hold each other's hands while he and Fang Shi carried the gifts. With that, they proceeded forward.

"Little brother, sorry to trouble you——" Sang Hong held his hands together and bowed as he asked politely.

However, before he could finish, the person interrupted, "Are you here to visit a relative?"