Chapter 41: Would You Listen? Even If It Were A Little Overboard

Start bij het begin

Fang Shi was determined to make her wish turned to dust. As such, she smiled, "Just as what Second Aunt said, but what's more important than a gift is the thought! Our sister-in-law is an understanding person, she won't ask for anything lavish! But Second Uncle and Second Aunt should still express yourselves; regardless what and regardless how much, sister-in-law would certainly be happy! It's the thoughts that count, no?"

Li Shi was taken aback and cursed Fang Shi secretly for being shameless; to actually dare open her mouth to ask for something! Quickly, Li Shi gave her answer, "At such a time, there's nothing we can prepare! Next time then, next time then!"

Fang Shi clapped and smiled, "There's no need to specially prepare anything, ready-made gifts are also fine! I recall seeing two large roosters in Second Aunt's house; just one should weigh about two to three kilograms!"

"That, that... one likes to roost and the other is vociferous; both are inappropriate to be given as gifts!" Li Shi squeaked before hurriedly asking, "Ai, where are the things that you've all prepared? Let me take a look at them quickly to see if they are appropriate! All of you are still young and insensible; our family will definitely become the joke of the people if the gifts you brought were unsuitable!" As Li Shi spoke, she was about to dive into a room to take a look.

However, Fang Shi raised her brows and took a step forward, obstructing her. With a smile that seemed not like a smile, Fang Shi spoke, "No need for Second Aunt to worry! The gift is done and everything that needs to be in there is in there! Although I may be young, but the principle behind 'courtesy calls for reciprocity' is not an unfamiliar term to me; unlike some bastards who openly asks to receive but never gives!"

Li Shi felt uneasy and smiled embarrassedly. Forcing herself to remain upright, she asked, "About that, what time will the departure be tomorrow? I think leaving earlier will be better since the route to Qingzhou is far! Is the village's carriage hired?"

Her words sounded to Fang Shi like their family would be coming along too. In that instant, Fang Shi became angry and spoke coldly, "Leaving first thing in the morning tomorrow. There's a hired carriage to bring us there from home."

"Oh," Li Shi responded after obtaining the information and finally returned home.

Upon arriving home, Li Shi let her face hung and she let out a sigh before venting her frustration at Second old master Sang, "You're too much, having me do the task when you yourself were so unwilling to even do so! Yet, you dare sit at home and wait for my return while I was there at someone else's place with my face almost thrown on the ground!"

Second old master Sang disregarded her complaint and rolled his eyes at her. How would he not be familiar with his wife's character? She was not complaining to him because of her wrinkled face that was almost thrown, but because she wanted to.

"Enough, enough. Less of the nonsense!" Second old master Sang wave of a hand broke the strings of complaints and he asked, "So how was it? Have they prepared everything? At what time will they be leaving tomorrow? Did they hire a carriage?"

Li Shi contained her anger and passed all the information she heard to Second old master Sang. Furious, Second old master Sang grumbled, "You did not get the chance to see what they've prepared?"

"That has nothing to do with you anyway! What use will there be figuring out what they've prepared?" Li Shi snapped, "I was there looking at that person's cold face for a really long time. Don't get your hopes up, hmph, they may not even be willing to bring us along!"

"They dare?" Second old master Sang grunted, "We're the elders, they wouldn't dare to leave without us! Just listen to what others would say about them if they did so!"