Chapter 37: Why Does The Heart Still Feel Aggrieved?

Start from the beginning

Although Qiuju was insensible, her master Concubine Fang, on the other hand, was an intelligent person. Otherwise, she who was not the most beautiful in appearance and had no son unlike Second Mistress and the two other concubines would not have been the most doted by the second old master. Even the daughter whom she birthed, Miss Wu, was the most doted child of the second old master. What was even more amazing was apart from the many maidservants who was promoted to become the closest to him, there was none who became a concubine after her. That in itself confirmed her prudence.

The act of Qiuju hitting Liu Ya, her backing definitely played a role in it.

Sang Wan's heart fumed, just who did she think she was provoking? Concubine Fang went overboard with flaunting her status this time around!

Then again, she understood. What Concubine Fang was doing was to make an example to the rest of the maidservants in the household, to warn them that they should erase the idea of seducing the second old master to obtain a higher status! Otherwise, just look at Liu Ya; she was about to enter his domain and become his concubine, but that ended up into nothing but airs, and even received a punishment from her own maidservant!

Sang Wan's mind had been set. She reached her hand out to Liu Ya and pulled her to sit next to her side. Smiling, she ordered someone to fetch some water for Liu Ya to have her face washed and ordered someone to bring in a bottle of anti-swelling ointment. Sang Wan then went to personally wipe Liu Ya's tears with her handkerchief and spoke gently, "Enough, don't cry. Next time, just do a good job then others won't be able to pick on you!"

As Sang Wan spoke, she quietly pinched Liu Ya's palm slightly and her eyes gave a quick glimpse at where Nanny Li stood.

Liu Ya had already rehearsed the tactic with her for quite a number of times and was able to read the signal. Reddening her eyes, she voiced her grievance, "Ma'am is right, nubi wouldn't even dare to break any of the household regulations in fear of bringing shame to Ma'am and Sir! But if others insist on creating trouble out of thin air, finding fault of others on purpose, and being too far-fetched, what ways does nubi have..."

While voicing her grievance, she went on to speak of what had happened prior to the slaps before letting the tears of injustice flow down her eyes.

As Sang Wan listened, she let out a sigh and spoke gently, "So to speak, you were definitely wronged! But that Qiuju belongs to the second old master and is one of his closest maidservants. After all, Sir respects his elders the most, and for the second old master's sake, we should let it go this time! Don't keep those slaps to heart! Just next time when you see her again, try to keep away from her to avoid any trouble that may cause difficulties to Sir!"

"Yes, nubi doesn't wish to give trouble to Sir and Ma'am! Nubi will keep away from her!" Liu Ya spoke with grievances.

Nanny Li who stood at a side was bursting with anger when she heard their conversation. That lass, Liu Ya, being wronged was not a huge matter, but if that were to make trouble for the young master, that definitely must not happen!

That Qiuju! That lass, in the end, was nothing but a nubi who can be sold at any time; to think that she dared to touch the main house, and have so much guts to punish someone who belonged to the young master, does that lass even respect the young master in the first place?!

Previously when Liu Ya narrated her story which depicted that it was Qiuju who was in the wrong, Nanny Li was already annoyed: Why the need to be so low as to have the need to hide away from that lass? Sir may respect his elders, but there was no reason to let a servant go unpunished for the sake of an elder's face!

"Ma'am!" Nanny Li sneered, "Even if Liu Ya truly was in the wrong, it was unheard of for a maidservant who belonged to the second domain to touch one who belonged to the main house. Now with the young master, Ma'am, and the management, even Second Mistress would not inconvenient herself to punish those not within her domain! But Qiuju that lass had the guts to do so! This cannot be let off so easily, otherwise, a second time might happen!"