Chapter 8: Parties and Fights

Start from the beginning

She smiled at me “I’m sure you are a very strong girl. I’m Olivia Tanner.”

“Chloe” I said smiling.

“Do you live here with your dad?” she asked curiously. I shook my head. “My aunt. He’s out of the picture as well”

“I’m sorry... again”

“Don’t worry about it” I smiled at her. She did seem genuinely sorry for what she said, but then again, it made sense. She, like everyone else who knew about my situation would feel sorry for me at one point or another. It was about time I got use to it.

I walked through the crowds of people, looking for Emily. She had to be around here somewhere. I also wondered where Eli was. This was his sisters Engagement party, and I hadn’t seen him anywhere.

“You look amazing”

I turned around to see Eli, smiling. He looked amazing in his suit and tie. He looked amazing himself. I couldn’t stop staring at him.

“Enjoying the view?” he asked me, and then did a little pose for me. I felt my face turn red, but he just smiled. His smile was something that could light up the world.

“You’re cute when you blush” he said. I rolled my eyes. I looked hideous when I blushed, but then again, he thought it was cute. I blushed again. He kissed my forehead.

 “So you two are dating” Hailey said as she walked over, with a huge smile on her “I knew it! I could see it in your eyes Ellie!”

I laughed at his nickname, but he blushed out of embarrassment.

“We weren’t dating when she came over” he informed his sister. “Only since the fair”

“I see” she said, not fully convinced “you’re Sue’s niece right? The one who moved in with them?”

I nodded and she smiled at me. She had the same amazing smile as Eli; though it obviously didn't me feel as amazing as Eli’s did.

“Congratulations by the way” I said to her, completely forgetting why I was even there.

“Thanks Chloe” she said, and then when Eli turned away she whispered “you too” with a wink.

We both started laughing. Eli looked at us confused, but we both waved him off. He then walked off, probably to find Keegan, leaving me alone with Hailey

“I like you Chloe” she said. “You’re good for Eli. He hasn’t been the same since Izzy’s accident.  Well, none of us have been. But I noticed the change in his personality. He’s happier. Thank you”

I smiled at Hailey. She then smiled back and was pulled away by Melissa to be introduced to many other people she probably didn't know too well.  

I guess Eli must have seen his sister walk off, because not a second later he was back at my side, holding my hand.

“Where’s Keegan and Em?” I asked Eli, he just shrugged

“I have no idea.” He replied “because the only person in the room I can see is you”

That might have been the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to me. Thinking back now, it probably was, because up until this point in my life, I’d never felt any form of love. Then suddenly, I was loved in all kinds of ways, by many different people.

“You’re blushing again” he reminded me. I rolled my eyes. Then, out of nowhere, the commotion started. Everyone stopped what they were doing, to watch as Eli’s mother stormed out of the kitchen