Chapter 1

Prologue

A/N: This is an AU of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. In this AU, Pietro survived in Age of Ultron (Unfortunately, Strucker survived too), and it takes place after Civil War. But, the team stayed together and Bucky had joined them. Also Clint's here.

     Elizabeth opens up her closet and grabs one of her five HYDRA suits, which make up her entire wardrobe. All five are black and aren't very unique from the others, but what else can be expected from HYDRA. She slipped on her long sleeved, skin-tight leather suit. Then she threw on her high heeled boots. She is only 5'1, but the boots make her 5'7. HYDRA wanted their top soldier to look more intimidating, they never fail to remind her that being 5'1 ruins the look.

     After getting dressed, Elizabeth studied herself in the mirror. She brushed out her matted dark brown hair until it was completely detangled. Once finished, her straight, brown locks clung to her lower back. Sure, having long hair is dangerous in her lifestyle, but she refuses to cut it. The one memory she has of her mother before she was abducted at age five, was that her mom loved her long hair.

     Although HYDRA stripped Elizabeth of her parents, she doesn't hate working for them, though she doesn't love it either. However, it would be impossible for Elizabeth to despise HYDRA, no matter the horrible things they have done to her. She had been conditioned to accept her life, and is encouraged not to ponder over other lifestyles she could have had. The endless propaganda and behavioral classes have convinced her to stay loyal to her organization, though truthfully she never had a choice.

     She stared into the mirror, letting her thoughts wander. She glimpsed at her freckle-spotted nose and cheeks, then into her hazel eyes. Brown bordered the edge of her irises and erupted from her pupils, with green sandwiched in between. The details in her eyes were tied together with a tint of blue. Her irises contained a beautiful mixture of colors, all of which she couldn't see. Elizabeth suffers from an extremely rare and bizarre condition of synesthesia, which is a disorder where a person's senses are mixed up. Some patients can hear colors, feel tastes, and more. In Elizabeth's case, her ability to see color is only triggered when listening to music, it must be the instrumentals and sing-song voices that alter something in her brain. Unfortunately, HYDRA has completely banned music, leaving Elizabeth entirely music deprived and colorless ever since the age of five.

     Elizabeth finally snapped out of her thoughts, realizing she was about to be late for training. If she wasn't HYDRA's top weapon, she would be dead for such a crime.

     The soldier sprinted from her dorm towards the training room, but bolted into a girl in the process. The two were on the ground, trying to heave themselves back onto their feet in the process. The girl Elizabeth bumped into has brown hair, with red clothing draping along her. Elizabeth may not be able to see colors, but she has memorized each color's shade. Standing next to her was a tall man with dark roots that ended in a semi-reflective blonde. There must be some silver in his hair too.  He also had a brown scruff that perfectly framed his face. Elizabeth noticed he had very fearful eyes, matching the terror apparent in the girl. Elizabeth quickly stood up, and offered the brunette her hand.

     "I'm so sorry!" Elizabeth apologized. "I was running to training and wasn't looking where I was going. Are you okay?" The girl looked taken aback from her kindness, maybe because everyone in the base knew she was a relentless killer on the training field.

     "Um, yes- yes. I'm okay."

     "Well I knocked you down pretty hard. Anyways I gotta get going. Sorry again," Elizabeth then dashed to her designated location. When she arrived, Strucker glared at her.

     "You were almost late."

     "Sorry, overslept."

     "Your opponents are on the field. Kill them in under 10 minutes or there will be consequences for your tardiness."

     "Yes sir."

     She walked into the battle arena with her blindfold and earplugs fixed. Elizabeth isn't just a soldier, she's a super soldier. HYDRA heightened her senses and strength once she turned 10 years old. It would be a boring, unchallenging fight if she fought with no impairments.

     Though she has earplugs, she could easily distinguish the cock of a gun. She immediately darted in zig zag towards the sound, dodging any incoming bullets. She slid kicking the enemy's shins, knocking them from their feet. She found the target's arms and located the gun, jerking it from them. She landed a bullet into their head and observed for her next victims. She felt footprints along the ground and shot a small distance ahead of where she assumed the target was sprinting. She heard a groan and a thud, her guess was correct. There was only one enemy left.

     Elizabeth heard a swoosh of air and focuses her attention on it. It rushed by her again, but was much closer the second time. She kept listening and feeling for footsteps, but to no avail.

     They must be in the air.

     The enemy swooped down and kicked her into the ground. She felt the flyer land and pushed herself to her feet, sprinting towards the location. Just before she could grab them, the enemy soared back into flight. They swooped down once more and tore the gun from her grasps, but she managed to grab onto the target's foot before they could escape. She slammed the flyer into the ground and took hold of their neck. Before they had a chance to shoot her, Elizabeth pounded her victim's head into the ground knocking them unconscious, then choked the life out of them.

     Elizabeth threw off her blindfold and looked at the stopwatch located on a giant, hanging board. 7 minutes and 6 seconds.

     "I'm disappointed, Neuronica. No where close to your record. 4 minutes and 9 seconds."

Neuronica is Elizabeth's HYDRA name. A nickname derived from her powers, since her powers deal with enhanced sensory neurons.

     "Sorry, sir. Must have been the flyer, he caught me off guard."

     "No excuses. You may head off to your dorm now."

     Elizabeth made her way to her dorm and found herself slightly disappointed. Sure it wasn't her best time, but just over 8 minutes isn't terrible either. When she was younger, she was taught that fighting with aggression is the quickest way to kill, but she's never been able to reach that aggression. She doesn't enjoy killing like most HYDRA soldiers do, but she doesn't hate it either. She just accomplishes the tasks that need to be done.

     The bell went off on the announcements signaling lunch, but she decided to skip that meal. A nap ironically sounded more appetizing at the moment.