Chapter 11: Baths & Back Massages

Notes: I wanna say thank you real quick again for all the comments and votes, it makes me so happy seeing you guys freak out in the comments. I'm really glad y'all seem to enjoy this little world I created. Enough talking now, enjoy the new chapter :)

"We're literally going to die being in here. Can we leave?"

Taylor sighed. The pen in her hand moved quickly across the paper before she thrust it into the hand of a passing nurse. "We aren't going to die, Gigi. Why are you being so dramatic? It's just a cold going around."

A group of sniffling and coughing people paused and Gigi cringed into Taylor's side. Once they passed, Taylor pushed her away. Gigi glared at her, "We don't all have immune systems that deflect every single disease in the world like you do."

A smug smile graced Taylor's lips. It had easily been ten years since she had come down with anything more than a slight fever. "Maybe you should have eaten more dirt as a kid then."

"Did you actually just say that?" Gigi asked. "That's hardly an insult to me. It's more of an insult to your own intelligence."

Taylor rolled her eyes as they stepped through the doors of the hospital. Her phone buzzed in the right pocket of her jacket. She didn't even get any pleasantries out before Kendall spoke.

"You need to get over here as soon as possible."

"What? Is something wrong?"

"Yeah, your girlfriend is being whiny."

"She's not my girlfriend." Not yet, Taylor thought. Gigi looked over at her, annoyed. She mouthed something at Taylor before making kissy faces and drawing hearts in the air. Taylor shoved Gigi's hands away from her face.

"I'm sick and tired of her complaining. She's being overly dramatic," Kendall said.

"Why is she complaining, Kendall? She never complains about anything."

"Somehow she's caught that dumb cold going around within eight hours of you being gone, without having left the apartment."

Taylor rolled her eyes. "Well she must have caught it last night in the restaurant, it didn't just come out of nowhere."

Kendall sighed into the phone, "Just come take care of her, please? She won't listen to anything I tell her to do."

Before Taylor could say anything else, Kendall hung up the phone. She sighed and turned to Gigi, "Are you okay not working overtime today? Karlie's sick with the cold."

Gigi nodded fiercely, "Any excuse to not walk into another infested hospital today is appreciated."

Taylor figured Kendall exaggerated greatly about Karlie's illness and complaints just so that someone with a real medical background would come take care of her. Taylor was more than happy to do it.

But when she arrived back at Karlie's apartment, supplies in each hand, she realized that Kendall was not exaggerating.

Karlie was curled up in a ball on the couch, shaking and sweating bullets. Her face was pale in comparison to Taylor's own complexion, which was a few shades lighter than Karlie's normal skin tone.

"Kendall!" Taylor yelled as she walked into the apartment. "What the hell?"

Kendall walked into the kitchen, a bag in her hand that looked suspiciously like an overnight bag. "Good, you're here. I'm leaving."

"Why haven't you been taking care of her?" Taylor exclaimed.

Kendall scoffed, "It hasn't been for lack of trying. She won't drink anything I give her, eat anything I make, or get up and shower despite me telling her how much better she will feel. Good luck." She walked swiftly out of the apartment before Taylor could even open her mouth.