Chapter Four

Ok so that asian boy from lunch that I mentioned before...It turns out that he is friends with my sister. Awkward...IDK if thats the reason he smiles at me or if he just thinks i'm cute. Or maybe he is trying to be polite. 

************************************************************************************************************

I was sleeping rather peacefully when a girlish scream filled the house.  Siting upright I pushed back the thick sheets and made my way downstairs.  As soon as I got downstairs Erik's face came into view. And around the corner was a disaster waiting to be cleaned. Looking questionably at Erik I asked, "What were you doing?"

"Oh you know making breakfast like I usually do..."

"Oh really? Doesn't seem like it."

"Fine I was attempting to cook for you but I didn't realize that you have to take the plastic off the food before you cook it." He mumbled shyly. 

"So that's what you we're doing? Well thanks for the breakfast but I'm actually heading out for a bit." I said rather amused. 

"Why it's not like you know anyone in town? If you're going out I'm coming with you so go get ready."

"No you're not. It's not like you're my parent or anything" I snapped while running back up the stairs. Once I got back into my room I plopped onto the bed. Today I decided I would find the boy. At all costs. Searching around the room I found dark skinny jeans, a forest green polo and riding boots. Which, would have to do. Once I finished getting ready I ran down the stairs, flipped Erik the bird, and slammed the door on my way out. To tell the truth, if anyone looked around town they would never guess that we were in the ocean except for the fact that the architecture looked like Poseidon created it.  Marveling at the giant buildings and sand covered pathways I accidentally bumped into someone. Starting straight up into the black eyes of someone I never imagined to be here. So far all the people that I have seen have had a brilliant tan and blue eyes. But, this boy was pale and had black eyes. His lanky figure was also different from the rest. Realizing that it looked like I was checking him out I averted my eyes, but it was too late.

"Like what you see?"

I silently gasped. His voice...It was so familiar. Like I've heard it in a dream. But, that's not possible. His voice was so contrasting too. Gruff but somehow gentle at the same time. Like he was battling whether he could be kind towards me or not. Instead of replying I blushed and tried to move away. Yet, before I could move away he blocked my pathway. Staring straight into my eyes he gave me a smirk.

"Where do you think you're going? You didn't answer my question."