Chapter 1 - The Birthday

Start from the beginning

From 2.20 - The Last Day: In Damon's room, Damon and Alex were talking.

Damon tilted his head sadly. "I can't lose you."

Alex looked at him sadly, shaking her head. "You won't."

Alex slowly turned for the door, taking a deep, steadying breath, starting to walk away.

Damon rushed in front of her, making her gasp. "There is another way."

Damon put his wrist to Alex's mouth so he could feed her his blood, even while Alex didn't want to. Cristian arrived, pushing Damon off of Alex.

Alex fell to the floor, having blood on her lips. She was in shock, horrified.

Liv, Ashley and Elena knelt next to Alex.

Liv: (voice over from 2.21 - The Sun Also Rises) "Alex is gonna become a vampire."

From 2.21 - The Sun Also Rises: On the mountain, Elena drank the elixir.

Liv: (voice over from 2.21 - The Sun Also Rises) "Elena has the elixiir in her system, so she'll come back as a human."

From 2.21 - The Sun Also Rises: In the Quarry, Gabriella, Alex, Elena and Liv were trapped in the four rings of fire, in a circle, so that Gabriella and Liv were also next to each other. Liv bit her wrist, carefully holding out her arm to Gabriella, making sure the fire couldn't burn her. Gabriella took her wrist, looking at her three sisters worriedly, who all nodded reassuringly, just as worried, as Gabriella started to drink.

Liv: (voice over from 2.21 - The Sun Also Rises) "You can still come back."

From 2.21 - The Sun Also Rises: In the Quarry, Klaus opened his eyes while feeding on Alex. Ingrid opened her eyes while feeding on Gabriella. They were changing, taking on an orange glow within the red that was starting to fade. More veins came to the surface of their skin underneath their eyes. Alex and Gabriella's eyelids fluttered. Their eyes rolled into the back of their heads. Liv opened her eyes. Alex died in Klaus' arms, while Gabriella died in Ingrid's.

Gabriella: (voice over from 2.21 - The Sun Also Rises) "Jeremy, Ashley and Jenna can't lose all of us. They need all of us, even if three of us will be vampires. Me, Liv and Alex."

From 2.20 - The Last Day: In Alaric's Loft, Cristian had Katherine pushed against the wall.

Katherine took his arm, showing a bite mark on his arm to him. "What is this, Cristian?"

Cristian was in shock, not having noticed it before. "It's a werewolf bite."

From 2.21 - The Sun Also Rises: In the cemetery, Kaylin and Cristian were talking.

"Tyler Lockwood bit me," Cristian told her.

"We'll find something," Kaylin told him. "A cure."

From 2.07 - Masquerade: In the Lockwood Mansion's study, Tyler Lockwood turned to face Sarah. Sarah stabbed him in the shoulder. Tyler pushed her back, making her fall and hit her head forcefully on the desk with a loud crack, making her fall to the floor.

Tyler fell to his knees, hitting the floor. He looked up with glowing gold eyes.

Stefan: (voice over from 2.03 - Bad Moon Rising) "According to the legend..."

From 2.17 - Know Thy Enemy: In the parlor of the Lockwood Mansion, Kacie lost her temper, grabbing Tiki by the waist, picking her up, slamming her to the floor, her head hitting the floor with a long, echoing thud. Kacie held her head, looking up at the ceiling, screaming in pain. She fell to her knees, moaning. She looked up with glowing gold eyes, having triggered the werewolf curse.