Yellove

Yes !. It's yellow season all over Chennai !!! Yellow !! and we say it Yellow + Love = YELLOVE. It's not just cricket fever but we call it yellow fever. Wow that bright color, something that gives goosebumps in our eyes.

IPL (Indian Premium League) is on and every thing is set to go. April is known for two bigger things in Chennai. One is the hot summer and another the IPL . However both has similarity in us, both lay in bright yellow. We commonly say it 'IPL season' all over India. Since we were kids, April is also the month of semester exams and we ensure we summarize stuffs and get back to scores, both ways either. Match stadium is not so far, just few kilometers from where we stand. Still very few afford and all we do is make excited plans and ensure that it always fails. It is still a big dream for yellow people to make it at least once.

That's Okay. However busy we be, however tired we be, all gather around near a TV to get our eyes painted yellow. It's not all our favourite people in yellow but who all play yellow are our favourite people. We don't know complete cricket rules, still we shout 'leg', 'bold','no Ball' (all cricket terms). We know it's not out still we shout 'Out', we know the umpire was right still we curse the umpires, after all we know that we are not heard to the players still we shout our throat out loud for each sixes and fours.

And the scream gets ever louder when this man is on the ground. We call him Thala (The boss).. The Thala fever.. Seeing him all yellow will be one of the biggest happiness for us , we yellove people. Besides which state he is, besides who ever he was, now he is our man, our hero.. Each of his strike is magic for us, each of his catch is thunder for us, why about catches and thunders, just his entry can make us enthusiastic.. We are simply crazy on him.. Enga Thala Dhoni Ku periya whistle adinga (Give Dhoni a bigger cheer)!! Yes we all are Dhoni people..

This festival game eats around 3 to 4 hours that evening. We all know that this is not just a game of 11 players but bid for 11 cross some lakhs. We also know that we are not profited in either ways, and yes it is a solid waste of time and yes! we agree we don't watch hockey, our national game this way. 

Each one in us is an activist at least by talking and giving voices to the social issues, to the worsest incidents happen and shout out for justice but the sad truth is we are the same people who throw in all those serious stuffs and jump on the sofas getting excited by that bright colour, not just because of the colour or the game or the player but its some bigger noise than that of the voice given for social crises.. Jumping jumping jumping japang ! (the song that tunes as IPL advertisement)

Hmm.. But luckily we are not those people who build huge meters of cut-outs  (basically a statue of person made of cardboard) or pour milk over those portraits or make funny fights for the favourite players. All we do is gather around zoom out our dried off eyes, cheer, scream and hardly make huge noises out of excitement and the maximum that we do is share the posts on twitter or Facebook that shows the match highlights.

End of the day we are just monkey minded people shout our all day stress to those sixes and fours drenching our souls yellow..

#BrightYellowScenes!

#Yellove!