2

hazel dawson's pov:

"dumbass" my best friend Hayes laughed as his brother who dropped his phone in the punch.
"maybe that's the extra flavor the punch needed?" his brother laughed, picking his phone up and walking into the kitchen.
"or this" Hayes smirked, pouring vodka into the punch.
"you trying to get drunk before the party starts?" I laugh.
"shut up" Hayes playfully rolls his eyes. "we don't have school until Monday, let me live a little"
"yeah yeah" I look over at the door. "when are people supposed to come?" I ask.
"hmm, anytime now" he shrugs, pouring a cup for himself.
a few minutes passed before people showed up.
loud music played throughout the house and the smell of alcohol filled the room quicker than usual.
I didn't drink, especially not at parties.
Most get drunk and hookup with a stranger they just met, that's the stuff that always happens at high school parties in the movies and shit at least.
My best friend Hayes, he's one of those people so usually at parties I stay sober so he can go crazy every now and then.
"hey shawty" some guy sling his arm around my shoulder.
I roll my eyes and moved his arm off me.
"you're the nerdy one.. Harry Mills right?" I looked over at the dude who tried to put his arm on me.
"Harvey" he corrects me.
"well Harvey, don't fucking touch me" I faked a smile and pushed through the crowd to get to the kitchen.
"meet any cute guys?" Hayes asks me.
"no, guys are stupid" I shrug.
"you're not wrong" Hayes takes a sip of his cup.
"mhm" I nod.
"I'm gonna go dance, be careful hazel" Hayes goes over to the crowd of people.
a few more hours of partying passed and I was done by then.
I had a headache and people were finally starting to leave.
"to infinity and BEYOND!" I heard someone yell and a loud crash.
"what the hell was that?" I turned around to ask Hayes who seemed to have disappeared.
I roll my eyes before walking into the hallway and into my room where the noise came from.
"buzz light year failed me"
I look over to see Harvey laying on the floor and an indent in my wall.
"get out of my room" I tell him.
"well I was trying to fly out of here but buzz light year didn't let me go to infinity and beyond" Harvey tells me, obviously drunk.
"is this your first time being drunk or something?" I ask him, helping him up.
"psh no" Harvey lies. "I gots to get home"
"you're not driving home like this" I shake my head no before picking my car keys up.
"then buzz light year will" he yells.
"what is with your obsession with buzz light year" I grabbed his hand, pulling him out of my room with me.
"woah we're walking like twenty miles an hour" Harvey laughed, stumbling as he walked.
"you're very annoying" I helped him into my car.
"ya but you wouldn't say that to Dora if she gave you a map" Harvey looked me dead in the eyes and said that without laughing.
"what the hell" a laugh escaped my mouth.
"you heard me" he crosses his arms.
"whatever" I start my car and pulled out of the driveway.
I drove down the road and towards Harvey's neighborhood.
The only reason I knew where he lives was because I had to be partners with this one girl he's friends with for a science project. she lives across the street.
I pulled into the driveway and parked my car.
"here ya go"
"who the hell even plays big bird in Sesame Street?" Harvey asks. "Is he really like nine feet tall?"
I get that he's drunk but this kid really confuses me.
"Cmon Harvey" I got out of my car and helped him out on his side.
We walked to the door and he rang the doorbell three times before I grabbed his hand to stop him.
It was two in the morning and I doubt he wanted his parents to know he was coming home like this.
"who in the world" the door opens, Max on the other side. "Harvey?"
"heyooooooo" Harvey laughed
"he's drunk?" Max asks me.
"yep" I nod.
"why would you do this to him?" Max looked frustrated.
"I didn't do anything to him, he was drunk when I found him and throwing himself into walls saying he was buzz light year before I drove him here" I tell him.
"Buzz light year?" Max looked confused.
"from Toy Story" I say 
"I know but what does that have to do with–"
"I don't know Max" I interrupt him.
"well thanks for bringing my drunk brother home I guess" Max shrugs.
"yep" I nod.

I don't remember much of what happened after I drove him home that night.
I was exhausted and I fell asleep over at Max & Harvey's house since Hayes locked us out of his house.

~~~~~~~~
a/n:

there won't be much drinking in this story but this chapter is necessary for Hazel meeting Max and Harvey so yeahhh

Comment if ya want :)