*Chapter 36*

Jacob smiled throughout the ride from Seattle to Forks. He kept looking at me as if any moment that he didn't, I would disappear. "We all missed you Row," he said. His pride wouldn't let him say it, but he needed his niece now more than ever. Bella finally decided. "I know" I teased, smiling ear to ear. "I'm the fun and cool one". I rolled down the windows to see better, the trees were as I remembered, littered and green. I'm home. Before we go any further, I heard a howl from far away. ''He's been waiting for you all day" Jacob explained, driving slower. "I think he can wait further, you know. I need some alone time with you first"

"You're mean"

He turned off the engine completely after parking on the side road, then turned to me. Jacob huffed. "You will find someone else. I know I've said it so many times but you will" I said before he could say anything else. "It's not like you imprinted on her" It was harsh, but he needed the reality check. "It will get better Jake. Trust me" He nodded as if he understands but I know he didn't. "At least you're here with me now" He understood very well how Paul felt seeing Sam with Emily or Jared with Kim, it made them feel much miserable than they already are. But it will get better for Paul, Rowan was back now for good. Jacob couldn't help but feel sad, he would no longer have a moping partner now, Paul will join the other couples leaving him all by himself.

When we arrived, there was a crowd already waiting. My eyes searched for Paul's first, and when our eyes finally connected, my heart fluttered. Paul's face did not change one bit and I was sure I did, I looked full grown now, a woman. "I am here!"Billy cried out "Your one and only grandfather" Everyone laughed as I gave him a proper hug first. "It's good to be back, It was too peaceful and quiet in Toronto"

Emily hushed everyone and ordered them to go back inside. She knew that Paul was hurting. He was clenching his fist, his eyes concentrated on one person only. Unlike the others, he didn't smile at all. "Okay, let the two have a moment please," she asked, pinching Jared who wanted to stay and gossip about how Paul coped without his Rowy- row. "But I have so many things to say" Emily only had to give a brief look towards the pack and everyone was hauling him back to the house.

After that Paul didn't hesitate and didn't set a limit for himself anymore. His arms found me automatically and he finally felt the relief that he was yearning for. I let him hold me, even if he was tightening his grasp enough to feel a little bit uncomfortable. We needed this. "You can kiss me you know" It was the only thing that he needed before he unleashed his pent up passion. He flooded and drowned me with his adoration. This was the one that Lexy and Andrea kept talking about, the true affirmation of feelings between two people. It was soon becoming too intense as Paul didn't show any signs of slowing down so I pushed him away as gently as I could as I tried to gain control of my breathing. "Paul, I asked for a kiss..just a kiss" I teased and his face finally morphed to the one that I loved. He grinned now as he picked me up and twirled me around.

The dinner was long as expected, the pack could never have a normal dinner without anyone getting annoyed and making a huge mess. Grandpa didn't seem to mind though, he was genuinely happy to have me back. It finally ended and I found myself aching to just sleep, the trip was tiring enough. But before I could even plop down, I saw a silver envelop near my bed. It was pretty and scented with my name at the very back, I opened it carefully and saw the invitation that I already knew was coming. Bella had called me personally to announce it and made me promise to come.

Seth ended up accompanying me to the wedding, it was a nerve-racking thing to be surrounded by so many beautiful people that pined for our fresh and coursing human blood. They were nice though, like the Cullens, they don't feed on humans. Bella looked so happy and awkward; happy that she was getting what she wanted and awkward as the crowd watched her every move. The wedding wasn't simple, of course, it couldn't be, Alice would die with anything not over the top. As the reception rolls in, that's when the tension started.

There was a beautiful and tall blond woman who's eyes seems to focus on Seth, she seemed very angry. "She's the mate of Laurent" Seth whispered to me. I didn't know who Laurent was, Paul didn't mention him once throughout our hours of conversations. Maybe he didn't think he was important enough to mention. "Paul didn't tell me" Seth smirked at me, his eyebrows rising. "The world could be ending and he wouldn't tell you" I pushed him a little bit, a smile creeping up on me slowly. Paul was overprotective, it was sweet, I just hope that it wouldn't cause a problem though.

Seth led me at the back of the party, the pack signalled him to come. Jake was already there in a white collared shirt, he looked better. I didn't know he even owns a shirt like that. He was dancing with Bella and Edward wasn't around to give them privacy. They were talking but I could not hear a thing, I didn't want to stand to close and ruin their moment together. Seth understood though and from the emotions that reflected on his face, the conversation was good at first but it was quickly turning sour.

Jake grabbed Bella roughly and Edward appeared from where they stood. We ran towards them, worried that someone would be hurt. "Jake let me go!" Bella screamed, her face turning red. Edward intervened, trying to remove Jake's grip on his wife. "Jacob, calm down, alright" Jake turned to Edward sharply "Are you out of your mind huh? You'll kill her" The pack emerged from the trees, all of them as if they anticipated that this would happen. "Let go of Bella, Jake," I said and he did, but very roughly.

"Walk away, Jake. Enough, Jacob!" Sam said

"Stay out of this, Sam" I grabbed Jake shoulder but it did not have an effect on him. Paul looked ready to step in at any moment, his eyes flickering between myself and Jake. He was on his guard as always.

"Stay out of this, Sam" Jake grew more agitated, his body started shaking and we were all afraid that he would turn. Paul walked towards us and led me away from Jake.

"She'll die"

"She's not our concern anymore. Let's go, Seth!" Seth was conflicted but decided that it was the best if they all leave. Sam finally decided to order Jake to leave, at this point it was the only way.

The following days were tough on all of us, Jake wasn't the same. Just the thought of whatever Bella and Edward were doing was enough to trigger him into shifting, his temper was worse than ever before and now he could not shift back to his human form. He fled to Vancouver, despite the objection from all of us. He disobeyed even his alpha.

After a month, I received a call from Bella. She didn't feel good she said and she needed my help. She asked for Jake first but he wasn't available. I felt that there isn't something right so I came right away, I didn't tell anyone, Bella didn't want anyone to know. Carlisle looked stressed when he received me, I didn't know that vampires could even feel that emotion. I prepared myself right away, maybe Edward turned Bella and she was not handling it very well.

When I turned to see Bella, I suppressed the shock that rose within me. She wasn't a vampire, that I was sure, she looked so thin and sickly like she was dying. "What happened ?" I sat myself next to her. The Cullens left, leaving us all alone to have some privacy, though I knew they could hear everything anyway. She was buried underneath a heavy cover and when she moved slightly towards me, there was something that caught my attention. "No. Bella" My eyes narrowed, this a huge problem, this shouldn't happen. It's unnatural "I am keeping it" She covered her growing belly as if I was going to harm it. "You'll die !"

"Please Rowan," Bella cried, hot tears pouring down her ashen cheeks. "Please don't tell anyone. They didn't want it, but I do. It's mine. My own child" I held her hand, it was crazy--Bella is crazy, but I didn't want her to feel so alone. She was sick and stress won't do her any good. "I promise, I won't tell"

"You reeked of vampires" Paul complained as he sat next to me, frowning as he could not wrap his arms around me as at this moment, his hands were occupied with two large pieces of chicken."I visited the Cullens today, I was asking Alice how my family was doing in Toronto"

"How are they?"

"Oh- they're fine" Somehow I thought I would get an earful of a sermon from him but he seemed pretty okay with it all. He tore through the chicken like it was nothing, and while his mouth was still full, he spoke. " eef you're froora thiahgt"

"Huh?"

"I said, if you're going to go the Cullens, you should take me with you"

"I will" I lied. I made a vow and Carlisle was clear about the consequences. I played with Paul's hair and he grinned happily. I should feel guilty but didn't, withholding information isn't the same as lying. I just hope that Paul and the rest of the pack see it the same way as I do.