*Chapter 5*

"Hey Noah..yeah I'm good, I'm happy you called" Rowan said calmly, pacing around her room. John has already warned her beforehand that Forks was different , so this incident really didn't surprise her as much. In Canada, they have what is called Moose, and those can cause serious injuries to any human.

"Animal attack they say , don't worry I'll be fine" Surprisingly, the news of the mysterious deaths in Forks has reached worldwide. She didn't know people actually even know where Forks is , but glad still as it might help with capturing killer.

" Yeah , take care too. I have to go now , bye" Rowan looked out on the window as she ended the call, curious as to why Bella hasn't showed up yet. During the weekend , she had told her that she would be playing baseball with the Cullens and then she hasn't heard from her since.

Walking down the stairs, already prepared to leave , she saw Jacob waiting for her already.

" Charlie called , Bella is in the hospital" he said grimly to her. Billy sat on the couch next to Jacob, listening to the morning news about the recent disappearance of another man.

"Oh, is she okay ?" she asked , her heart feeling a bit faint with worry. "Yeah , she fell down the stairs apparently" he rose from the couch , taking his things with him.

'' I'll walk you to the bus stop'' Rowan wanted to laugh a little, with Bella's extreme clumsiness, she thought that she should be wrapped tightly with bubble wraps. That's how fragile Bella is.

"That does sound like Bella "she said , attempting to lighten the mood. "I thought Edward could help a little bit with her clumsiness but I guess not" The mention of his name alone caused Jacob to scowl, and at that time Rowan saw it only as jealousy and nothing more. She wanted them to get together of course, but Bella and Edward became inseparable like peanut butter and bread.

The two walked towards the front door, both in deep thoughts, until Billy spoke suddenly. '' Hey, Row'' She turned around sharply, meeting the gaze of her grandfather. ''Yeah?'' His lips formed a thin line, as if he was pondering if he should say something or not. ''Stay away from the Cullens alright?'' Rowan was a bit astounded by his remark, after all it was an odd request.

'' Alright, will do'' she said , just wanting to give the old man some peace of mind.

When she was sure that they were far enough, she spoke. '' The Cullens are nice, at least as far as I know Edward is'' Jacob clearly not believing her words, shook his head. '' If you only know Row..'' he said mysteriously, and she wanted to ask him for more information, but there was something in his eyes that told her it wasn't a good idea. He was grumpy enough with Bella liking Edward and the whole incident thing that happened. There is no need to poke the agitated bear any further.

''Just find a girl your age Jake, there are many of them out there'' she said, and it was true, there are many girls in Forks. Not as pretty as Bella but there are nice ones that she has seen, not as fragile and awkward at least, and with Jacob's not ugly looking face, he wouldn't have trouble getting them to like him.

'' Are we really talking about this right now?'' he said, his eyes squinting a bit, and that's how Rowan knew that she hit a sore spot. ''Nope, sorry'' she said, giving him a slight shove, it was her own way of apologizing. The bus stop was crowded when they arrived, the students chattered amongst themselves, and with the seas of faces, there was one that made Rowan scowl.

''Ugh, Paul is here..'' she said, slightly grimacing at the unpleasant sight. He was with goons again, and they were causing a ruckus in their own circle.

'' Paul Lahote?'' Jacob said, his eyes following where the heated glare of Rowan directed to.        

'' You've met him? "he questioned.

''Unfortunately'' The bus arrived before Jacob could ask her more about it, giving her some sort of relief, just mentioning his name made her blood boil.

''Alright, stay safe Row. See you later'' Jacob cried out as she stepped into the bus, with a wave of her hand she said her goodbyes.