Be Mine

Chapter 16

Sayori's heart was in her throat the entire car ride, smiling brightly as she kept glancing at the gorgeous emerald eyed beauty to her side.

(Notice I've never specified details such as which side if the road they drive on to keep you guys uncertain where this takes place XD)

Monika pulled the car to a stop, parking by a nearby park.

"I-I hope this is an okay place?" Monika said.

"N-No! It's perfect!" Sayori assured her.

Monika smiled brighter, climbing out of the car.

She waited for Sayori to be at her side, slipping her hand into Sayori's and lacing their fingers.

"I-Is this okay?" Monika asked, gesturing to their intertwined hands.

"Oh, y-yeah. I-It's great." Sayori said, giving Monika's hand a soft squeeze.

Monika felt her heart pound harder and harder with each step they took in sync.

"I, um.. I-I'm glad you a-asked me out..." Sayori admitted, glancing away with a soft smile.

"M-Me too." Monika replied happily.

"I-I was convinced you didn't like me anymore..." Sayori said softly, "So I'm glad."

"Of course I like you!" Monika blurted, tensing as she comprehended her words.

"I-I mean- Uh- I, um-!" Monika muttered.

"Monika... I-I like you, too..." Sayori whispered, turning her head to face her.

Monika's eyes widened, a soft blush dusting her cheeks as emerald met sapphire.

"I-I... I...." Monika flubbered, trying desperately to form a coherent sentence.

Sayori giggled, leaning closer.

"C-Can I... Kiss you..?" Sayori whispered, leaning up to bring their faces near touching.

"Yes..." Monika agreed, tilting her head a bit.

Monika squeezed Sayori's hand gently, weaving her other hand into Sayori's hair as Sayori's hand rested against her hip.

Their lips eventually met, a sweet, innocent kiss between young loves.

Sayori pulled back, smiling goofily at Monika as she giggled softly.

"Thank you." she said, tucking some stray hair behind her ear.

"Y-Yeah..." Monika said softly, trying to come down from the high Sayori had given her.

They continued to walk around aimlessly, quietly enjoying one another's presence.

~~~

"So... Sayori... I um..." Monika said as they were seated at a diner close by.

"Yeah?" Sayori said, glancing up from her plate of food.

"I-I know this may be a-a bit fast but..." Monika bit her lip, glancing to the side as she felt Sayori's intense gaze on her.

"But... W-Would you be my girlfriend?" Monika said.

Sayori stayed silent, not fully believing a word that Monika just said.

"I-I mean.. I-I'm sorry... I just... I can't stop thinking about you! Y-You're so sweet, a-and funny and cute...." Monika blushed deeply.