Chapter 18

Chapter 18

-Katniss's POV-

"Where's my boyfriend Gale? Or my best friend Delly?" I question. They looked surprised at this question and that guy that kissed me is sobbing his heart out. The only memory that pops in my head is:

(A/N: This is the last thing she remembered below. Delly has her BFF and Gale was nice at the time✌️)

Gale and I are holding hands walking into a restaurant. He bought me some beautiful roses. Roses aren't my favorite dandelions are but it doesn't matter it's a nice thought that he did that. We had dinner. He said I love you. Then I couldn't remember what happens after that.

"Hey..um..what's your name?" I ask the blonde haired guy. "Peeta Mellark." He answers. "That rings a bell but I don't know what from..." I trail off in deep thought, he looks a little happy that I could possible remember him. "Anyways as I was going to say you shouldn't cry for me... I'm not that important to anyone not even that important to Gale." I said.

He stands up. "You should know that you are very important to me." He says pressuring on the word very. "I shouldn't be. I'm ugly, fat, unathletic-" I start but he cuts me off.

"You are not! You are gorgeous, skinny and athletic! And don't you dare think for a second that your not!" He defends. He looks me In the eye and says,

"Your a hunter, your a singer, you always can make people laugh without trying, you like to go to the meadow, you never take failure, and you always know how to make me smile."

With that everyone cries watching us. Prim eyes meet mine. "If only you knew." Prim cries into mum's shirt. "She's...." A girl with short brown hair says looking for the right words.

"Gone." Peeta finishes for her. The doctor comes in. "Hello, She is free to go just have to sign papers." He says. They nod and head out. I get out of my bed and stand up. I don't remember getting with outfit. I shrug. Then I see scars all over my my arms.

What did I get these from? I think. I guessed I must of said it out loud because Peeta turns towards me. "You locked yourself in the bathroom and start cutting when I finally busted down. The door you were already passed out in your own pool of blood." He says tearing up.

"Why did I cut?" I ask him. He shrugs. "I asked you but you just kept on screaming Jed and bolted to your house." He says choking on tears trying to keep them down I guess.

"I tried to protect you." He whispers.

-Peeta's POV-

I drive home. My family stares at me. Tears are rapidly running down my face. I explain to them. "I won't be able to live anymore if I know she doesn't even know me anymore." I say and run upstairs.

I shut the door and scream. I remember a time like this:

I go into my bakery. I slam the door and lock it.

I just get on my knees and scream. My forehead is on the floor and I'm clutching my ears with my hands. "KATNISS! I WILL FIND YOU! WHEN I DO ILL NEVER LET YOU OUT OF MY SIGHT AGAIN!" I scream.

--------

I let her out of my sight. Now I have to pay the price.