Chapter 5: Breaking Ice and Meeting Aslan

As the 4 kids continued to travel behind the two married Beavers the crackling sounds of ice breaking filled there ears as the flow of running water below began to arise as flow along it's course. Standing on a cliff above the freezing cold water the kids knew they didn't have much time or many options until the frozen ice completely breaks "We need to cross now!" Peter warned "Don't beavers make dams?" Lucy questioned in response as she looked at the Beavers "I'm not that fast, dear" Mr Beaver responded in defense "Guys come on! If we don't cross soon who knows how long it'll take to find another way" (Y/n) instructed as she look at the group before she began to climb down but stopping at Susan's voice "Wait! Will you think about this for a moment?" "We don't have a minute" "I'm just trying to be realistic" "No, you're trying to be smart. As usual" the two oldest siblings bickered between each other.

"Guys stop! The longer you two stand around arguing the quicker the ice melts. So quit it, lets get across this ice before those wolves or the Witch catch up to us" Listening to (Y/n)'s they stopped and began to follow her down the cliff as howls from wolves soon echoed indicating that they couldn't be that far behind. Reaching the bottom Peter cautiously placed a foot on the ice but jumped back as the ice moved slightly "Wait. Maybe I should go first" "Maybe you should" the group watched as Mr Beaver walked across the ice surface patting his tail occasionally against it as he inspected the safest parts to step on "You've been sneaking seconds helpings, haven't you?" Mrs Beaver questioned her husband "Well, you never know which meal's gonna be your last. Especially with you're cooking" the kids began to follow Mr Beaver cautiously across the ice, Lucy squealed and clung onto her oldest brother as a piece of ice under her feet cracked. 

"If mum knew what we were doing..." "Mum's not here" Everything was going fine until "Oh no!" the wolves ran across the frozen waterfall, down the rocky cliff and landing right in front of the group as Lucy let out another squeal as she grabbed hold of (Y/n)'s hand. They were cornered and trapped and Mr Beaver was pinned by one of the wolves, now what "Put that down, boy" Maugrim growled slowly steeping towards Peter who had the girls protective behind him as he pointed his sword at the guard wolf "Someone could get hurt" "Don't worry about me! Run him through!" "Leave now while you can, and your brother leaves with you" "And what? Leave Narnia to suffer under your mistress protection, no happening. We will get Edmund back and we will free Narnia"  (Y/n) stood strong coming out from behind Peter somehow finding the courage to speak out "Your in over your head missy. No one can defeat the Queen" "Peter, (Y/n)! Maybe we should listen to him!" "Susan, you can't be serious?!" "Smart girl" Maugrim chuckled in his deep husked voice as he continued to step forward and the kids backward.

"Don't listen to him! Kill him! Kill him now!" Mr Beaver called out as she struggled against the wolfs strong mouth grip "Oh, come on. This isn't your war. All my Queen wants is for you to take your family and go" "Look, just because some man in a red coat hands you a sword, doesn't make you a hero! Now drop it!" Susan screamed at her brother who had conflicting thoughts clearly written across his face. "No, Peter! Narnia needs you! Gut him while you still have the chance" (Y/n) knew Peter was struggling and it broke her heart, she knew that in his head that he had to keep his family safe but he also knew the fate of Narnia if they just up and left.  (Y/n) looked around the area for an escape root till something caught her eye. "What's it gonna be, Son of Adam? I won't wait forever. And neither will the river" She had an escape, it was a crazy escape but an escape none the less.

Before anyone could process what was going on (Y/n) took the sword from Peter's hands "Everybody hang on!" and with that (Y/n) raised the sword and pierced the blade through the ice, half frozen river just in time for the frozen waterfall to crumble with gashes of water bursting through the barrier and giant icicles to pierce the remaining icy ground creating a giant wave that crashed over the kids heads along with the wolves as they became buried under the river current. A few moments passed before multiple gasps for breaths escaped from the water  and were soon pushed to sore by the beavers. "Lovely. Smart thinking there (Y/n)" Mr Beaver complemented shaking the water off his fur but no one responded as the 3 oldest kids looked at the fur coat in Peter's hands, it was Lucy's! "What have you done? Lucy!" Susan yelled "Lucy!" but soon relief washed over them with these soft words "Has anyone seen my coat?" it's was Lucy cold, wet but safe.