“Alex asked me to show you to your room,” he said with another yawn.  “Although, if I didn’t make her lay back down, I’m sure she would be doing the showing.”  The crying from the room quieted, making all other noises in the hall seem louder than normal. 

Slator just stood there, staring at the man who obviously had some connection to Ally.  If leaving her room in the middle of the night was anything to go by, or the cries that had flew from the room, Slator would guess that the two were married.  “Slator.”

“I know.  I’m Sebastian,” the man said, while holding his hand out for Slator to shake.  Slator stared at the thing.  “Don’t worry,” Sebastian said with a smile.  “You’re not going to see anything, and neither will I.”

Slator gripped the man’s hand in his and shook it for a moment before letting it drop.  “So, you and Ally married?”

Sebastian turned his back and began walking through the hall.  Following behind the man, Slator was quiet as Sebastian began talking.  “We’re not married yet.  To be honest, I don’t think we ever would get married if it were up to her.  To her, the ceremony means nothing, but I was raised as a human, marriage means something to me.”

“She doesn’t want to be with you?” Slator asked with a small amount of confusion in his voice.

Sebastian glanced over his shoulder; his eyes still the glowing slightly.  “We’re mated,” Sebastian said with a proud smile.  “She’ll always want to be with me, just like I’ll always want to be with her, but she doesn’t completely understand why humans do certain things.  To her, we’ve been married for quite some time now.  It doesn’t matter if there is a piece of paper that says that, because our bond means more than it ever would.  She’s right,” he said with a small shrug, “but I can’t help but want the human world to know she’s with me too.  You’ll understand when the time comes.  Anything that will keep people from looking at your mate is a blessing.”

Letting out a laugh, Sebastian’s tone was full of amusement as he continued to speak.  “Hell, the first couple of months together were torture when it comes to wanting her beside me all the time.  When something happens, I want to push her behind me, demand she run away from the danger.  Even now, I have to force myself to let her do what she does.”

He didn’t ask why this man was telling him all this, didn’t question it.  Slator simply followed behind, feeling slight amusement at the complete honesty coming from Sebastian.  He could see why the man would be a little overprotective.  If he was in a relationship with someone like Ally, a Queen if he had his information right, Slator had a feeling he would be extra protective too.  “Why haven’t I heard of you?” Slator asked as Sebastian chuckled at the question.  “I mean I’ve heard a lot about Ally, that she’s the last one standing in the way of a lot of people, but I hadn’t heard she had a boyfriend, mate, whatever.  I didn’t know she had a kid either.”

“Three kids,” Sebastian said with that proud tone Slator heard from many dads.  “To them, I’m not a threat.  Her children aren’t a threat.  Oh, don’t get me wrong, they’ll still kill us, but to them, Alex is the scary one.”

“Can’t blame them for thinking that,” Slator admitted as Sebastian stopped walking.  “But you’re the King, why don’t they think you’re a threat?”