• f o u r •

I sighed as I heard the other end of the call click to silence. The call had gotten awkward after I had to explain the Phillip situation. He had told me that he was recently divorced too. Something I would have never guessed years ago. Geoff had said he'd call me again some time this week and I felt relieved to finally have someone to talk to again. The past 6 months had been too lonely. Drunk horny men don't like to talk about feelings.

I was still in my PJs at 10 am. I had sat myself in front of my tv and was watching some weird B movie on Netflix when I got a text,
*G*
I know I said I'd call, but I had some down time at work, look at this meme.
I chuckled at the dumb pun meme he had sent me. It was the kind of meme a 40 something year old mom would share on Facebook.
*S*
10/10 Geoffrey, you old Facebook mom
*G*
Hey shut up. I'm allowed to enjoy memes!
I giggled at his last text and sat my phone down. Geoff's pun had put me in a good enough mood to actually go out to town. I was in need of groceries anyway. I quickly switched out my tinker bell capris for sweatpants and just left on my sleep shirt. It was a t shirt and it was somewhat clean. I didn't want to go into my shirt drawer anyway. Phillip has left majority of his in the drawer . Between the smell of him and the sight of the shirt, I would get thrown back to that night. I looked in the mirror.
God I look fucking old.
I grabbed my keys and closed my bedroom door closed. I looked around my house,
Maybe I should change some things, Phillip wanted it this way.
I walked out my front door and locked in behind me.

Perfect day for a walk.