• t w o •

6 months earlier
"Phillip!" The wine glasses shattered on the floor.
There he was, the man I was to marry in a month, laying in bed with another woman. I couldn't breathe. Time seemed to freeze as I stared at the two of them in our bed. She was far more gorgeous than I ever could be. I quickly snapped back and turned away.
"Sammi I-" He began.
"Please don't. I want her out of our house." I choked back the tears, "I'll be waiting on the couch."

The woman had left quickly and Phillip took a seat next to me on the couch. I stared ahead, I could not look him in the eye after seeing her on him.
"Sammi... I'm sorry."
"How long?" I said blankly.
The silence was short but became thick quickly. It began to become hard to breathe again.
"2 years."
I choked back the tears, he had already broken my heart, he was not going to take my tears too.
"Did you ever love me, Phillip?"
"I think at one point I did Sammi. But I haven't for a while." He said.

I turned to look at him. The last 4 years of my life had been with him. His brown eyes had seen me at my worst. His smile had followed after many of my laughs. I searched his face for some kind of answer as to why he didn't love me. What had I done? Was it the tokophobia? Had he finally gotten tired of my panic attacks when my period was the littlest bit late? Why didn't he love me?

"I think you should pack your stuff." I said with a shakiness to my voice.

I quietly got up from our couch and walked to the guest room.